• Yes

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Drums are too common. We should have someone* on a Jew's Harp.

" BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING AL-BI-ON"

*not me

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG etc

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No.

Sad indictment of us as supporters in that we can't manage to stay in time and constantly sing at 90 miles an hour.

It's like admitting defeat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If it's against the ground regulations, why were that godawful Sheffield Wednesday band allowed to bring one in for the England U21 International match last year?
No idea why. Last time I checked out the ground regs posted in the stadium it was forbidden. Maybe they've been changed since I looked ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Atmo at Amex is still generally good & amongst the better atmospheres in the league. People over-analyse it. Every game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
OP raises a valid point, the North Stand has many singing sections, the middle can start a song, the NE will join and then the NW follow suit, 10 seconds later the rhythm has completely gone, the song goes to shit and people stop. The lack of synchronisation is made worse by people's need to sing every song on fast forward. A drum is possibly a way of getting everyone on the same page because at present it's a cacophony of nonsense.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We sing all our songs in hyper speed so no doubt said drummer will have fast muscle twitch is his drumming arm to speed things up even more.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
75% of Brighton fans at the Amex can't sing SBTS properly when the words are on the screen, at away games it is done much better with the full first verse and then launching into the speeded up crapness

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
75% of Brighton fans at the Amex can't sing SBTS properly when the words are on the screen, at away games it is done much better with the full first verse and then launching into the speeded up crapness

I still live in everlasting hope that the crapness you mention will be replaced by the actual chorus eventually.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
OP raises a valid point, the North Stand has many singing sections, the middle can start a song, the NE will join and then the NW follow suit, 10 seconds later the rhythm has completely gone, the song goes to shit and people stop. The lack of synchronisation is made worse by people's need to sing every song on fast forward. A drum is possibly a way of getting everyone on the same page because at present it's a cacophony of nonsense.

Well said, it's a yes from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Just get the blokes at the back of the north stand to keep banging the wall as and when needed. Problem solved no?

It does help periodically but on a technical note can I suggest those concerned do it just the once at the start of the chant, and let the fans take over from there? Chant/clap just needs starting off and will then take care of itself. On a few occasions recently the fellas have continued banging and the timing inevitably goes cock-eyed ...

el punal

Beats the hell out of me why we need a drum, it's so European.
I'm sure the massed choir of the NS doesn't need a Muppet banging out of tune to GOSBTS.
Sorry not for me :)

Let's all be a little Brighton here - I suggest tambourines with little tassels on them for a more visual effect, a little shake here and there and an accompaniment with the odd triangle dotted about. My goodness, the East Stand will be rocking. :rock:

Jul 7, 2003

Old fashioned solution - get a metronome
Modern solution - get a phone app which has a click track that people can listen to on their headphones (same as some bands use on stage these days to keep time)

Anything but a f***ing tin pot drum!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here