View Poll Results: Yes or no

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-He's making America great again

    52 15.29%
  • No

    288 84.71%
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 530
  1. #41

    1 Not allowed!
    The answer to the question is no, I donít. It is interesting to note where his support comes from and there seem to be 4 distinct groups. The GOP establishment who see him as route to lower taxation, de-regulation etc. ; the evangelicals who want the Supreme Court loaded with social conservatives; blue collar workers in depressed industrial areas who have been promised their jobs back; and Steve, Milo and the Breitbart guys who see him as shaking things up on a global level. It is hard to see how he will keep them all happy.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      PS.
      The usual right winger comment, is that the same as the left when they don't get what they want
      Aint that the truth. Particularly the bloomin champagne socialists!
    • #43
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      4,077


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think it's a sad indictment of modern politics that we have had in rectnet times politicians of the ilk of (for example)
      Bliar
      Brown
      Juncker
      Hollande (what a complete waste of oxygen)
      Clinton
      Farage
      Trump

      However, the left-wing luvvies really need to get on with their own lives and stop this constant whining.

      But no, I don't Support Trump, but then again I though Obama was completely ineffective and hypocritical and Clinton would have been a disaster.
      You are listening in the wrong places and reading the wrong newspapers. In the wider context there are no clarion left wing voices. I cannot remember the last time I heard anyone of the left say anything new or interesting or indeed anything that resonates with my outlook. I hear Trump and Farage but I don't hear any left equivalent. Corbyn has said nothing in 2 years (the most ineffective leader in the history of UK politics; makes Alec Douglas Hume look dynamic and visionary). No, the only time I ever hear anythuing left wing these days is when I hear people like you whining about people on the left whining. Get over it; there is no left anymore and you STILL can't stop obsessing. No, any failing in society now can be blamed on the right. Hear Liz Truss on the tellybox earlier this morning? 'I voted remain but if there was another vote I would vote Leave, because it is the settled view of the people' WTF? She has firm views that she is proud to change if it will increase her change of re-election. This is the sort of politician we have in the UK now. Even Corbyn accepts the vote. Trump is an arse, but as others have said, he does exactly what he said he'd do. Would I vote for him? Not if he was the last man standing. Never. The man is fit only for punching in the face. He will be thrown out, and it will emerge he has conflict of interest issues with Russia, with some Arab states (the ones he hasn't boycotted), and is developing policy to vaour his own companies. He got elected to enrich himself and his cronies. He has embarrassed the office. Shocking, truly shocking.
    • #44
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In the land of hope and expectation....
      Posts
      4,163


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Explain, please.
      I don't want to be accused of high-jacking a thread about Trump and turning into a Globull Warming thread. If you want to know why I don't beleive and are genuinely interested drop me a PM or start a thread to discuss the topic
    • #45
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Cumbria
      Posts
      396


      0 Not allowed!
      No I don't. I think he is only in it to enhance his business. The ban on travel not covering countries he does business with is a good example, his exhortation for people to boycott shops that drop his daughter's fashion line is another. None of this is anything to do with making 'America Great Again'.

      And I can't stand liars.
    • #46
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      8,931


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cheshunt seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The answer to the question is no, I don’t. It is interesting to note where his support comes from and there seem to be 4 distinct groups. The GOP establishment who see him as route to lower taxation, de-regulation etc. ; the evangelicals who want the Supreme Court loaded with social conservatives; blue collar workers in depressed industrial areas who have been promised their jobs back; and Steve, Milo and the Breitbart guys who see him as shaking things up on a global level. It is hard to see how he will keep them all happy.
      And Cubans. Cubans voted at a higher rate for Trump than "white" America did.

      They played a big part in delivering him Florida.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #47
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      28,721


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On the other thread you'll see the usual thing right wingers do when they don't support, or don't won't to be seen in public supporting, a policy .....which is to avoid discussion and snipe at supposed hypocrisy from other parties.
      £1 billion
    • #48
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...
      Posts
      6,116


      0 Not allowed!
      BBC Washington correspondent last week was wondering that if Trump spends as much time tweeting and watching cable news as he seems to, given the content of his tweets, when does he find the time to do some actual governing?

      Unless that is also fake news...
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    • #49
      Members Commander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      London
      Posts
      9,840


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is pretty close to how I'm seeing things, so I'll just be lazy and quote it!

      I can understand why Americans voted for him, obviously he attracted the vote of the far right but to get elected he must've been voted for by millions of normal people who don't harbour any extreme or racist views and you have to question why that happened given that Trump is such a useless politician with no workable policies.

      The way out of this is to engage and debate about what he's doing without belittling the people who voted for him because that will only disenfranchise them even further but he's making such a hash of it that it's difficult not to take the piss!

      I blame the Democrats for selecting Clinton who was probably the only person toxic enough to lose an election to Trump.
      Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, large parts of the Left seem incapable of doing what you say, which is a shame.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."
    • #50
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In the land of hope and expectation....
      Posts
      4,163


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are listening in the wrong places and reading the wrong newspapers. In the wider context there are no clarion left wing voices. I cannot remember the last time I heard anyone of the left say anything new or interesting or indeed anything that resonates with my outlook. I hear Trump and Farage but I don't hear any left equivalent. Corbyn has said nothing in 2 years (the most ineffective leader in the history of UK politics; makes Alec Douglas Hume look dynamic and visionary). No, the only time I ever hear anythuing left wing these days is when I hear people like you whining about people on the left whining. Get over it; there is no left anymore and you STILL can't stop obsessing. No, any failing in society now can be blamed on the right. Hear Liz Truss on the tellybox earlier this morning? 'I voted remain but if there was another vote I would vote Leave, because it is the settled view of the people' WTF? She has firm views that she is proud to change if it will increase her change of re-election. This is the sort of politician we have in the UK now. Even Corbyn accepts the vote. Trump is an arse, but as others have said, he does exactly what he said he'd do. Would I vote for him? Not if he was the last man standing. Never. The man is fit only for punching in the face. He will be thrown out, and it will emerge he has conflict of interest issues with Russia, with some Arab states (the ones he hasn't boycotted), and is developing policy to vaour his own companies. He got elected to enrich himself and his cronies. He has embarrassed the office. Shocking, truly shocking.
      I don't just mean the left-wing as in political parties. You see it organisations for example, like greenpeace, IPCC, climate science where the agenda is more important than the facts.

      The main-stream media is to blame for so much of the mistrust now. Think of all of the stories we get of 'extremes'. A little bit of flooding somewhere and the reporters are on-site for days on end making it out to be such a disaster. The reality if often that these events are localised yet dramatised for effect. I want the news, not a f****ing to show. This constant manipulation of the truth extends to political reporting and analysis and IMO, vast swathes of the media have a more left-wing/green agenda (I'm not saying all BTW). I realise there are excesses on the right too which I abhore as much.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •