Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tend to agree with this .... but I NEVER thought I'd ever agree with anything posted by Commander! Trump for sure has made American politics a damn sight more interesting than it would have been with Hillary in the White House.

It was always going to happen eventually.

Assume you still think we are dreadful and going to get relegated this year, and still have the constant negativity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes as he actually is doing things that no other leader has the balls to do....If we continue with the far left policies the world will become a worse place to live in.

Time will tell but it's nice to see someone doing what he says and you will never please everyone as western countries are now pretty much 50% left and 50% right....Times are changing and changes need to happen.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm not a big fan of Trump. But why was there never a "Do you actually support Obama?" thread?

What I know is that when I said I didn't like Obama I was presumed a racist, and when I said I didn't like Clinton I was presumed to be sexist.

So when those same people, who relished in calling me a racist sexist, come out now and say they don't like Trump, I do get some degree of satisfaction from telling them they are entitled to their opinions and I respect that.

In Obama's first month, did his administration try to mislead the world regarding contacts with the Russians?
Clumsily roll out a flawed immigration policy.
Make up massacres
Get hysterical with the press when proven wrong?

Has he actually done anything yet? Not really. Im guessing I do not support him :)

I love the idea of clearing out professionals, and filling the administration with rank amateurs.
Would you get rid of our manager, and repace him with somebody from NSC?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In Obama's first month, did his administration try to mislead the world regarding contacts with the Russians?
Clumsily roll out a flawed immigration policy.
Make up massacres
Get hysterical with the press when proven wrong?

The "contacts with Russia" thing is a bit of a con. Pretty much every presidential campaign has contact with foriegn governments prior to the election, in preperation for possibly being the ones who they will be dealing with after the election. There is nothing strange or nefarious about that. During his re-election campaign Obama had conversations with the russians about working together after the election. It's very much the done thing.

& yes, there were plenty of things about the Obama administration that were worthy of criticism, like there are about the Trump administration.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Sit on the fence on this issue. As far as I am concerned it was up to the American people to choose their President as it was ours to decide on Brexit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The "contacts with Russia" thing is a bit of a con. Pretty much every presidential campaign has contact with foriegn governments prior to the election, in preperation for possibly being the ones who they will be dealing with after the election. There is nothing strange or nefarious about that. During his re-election campaign Obama had conversations with the russians about working together after the election. It's very much the done thing.

& yes, there were plenty of things about the Obama administration that were worthy of criticism, like there are about the Trump administration.

So, why did the administration try to deny contacts originally?
This administration is more about image than reality, which is ironic considering he is a reality tv star. Something people should note when dissing celebrities for standing up against him.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
No, I do not support Trump.

Having lived in the Mid-West now for 3 1/2 years I can understand the appeal to some people. If you talk to most blue collar American's they will say "I just want what my Father or Grandfather had" -- a good job, a pension, a home, a nice neighborhood and good schools for their kids. This has all been eroding since the late 50's for a lot of blue collar Americans. Trump was seen as an outsider, a **** you if you will to the political elite. These people have nothing left to lose.

However, having assembled the richest cabinet in history it will be more of the self serving bullshit. Clinton or Trump, whoever won both self serving cretins, what does it really matter.

This is America baby. There is no welfare state. This is the place where you work, put on your big boy pants and climb over your competitor to make it to the top.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So, why did the administration try to deny contacts originally?
This administration is more about image than reality, which is ironic considering he is a reality tv star. Something people should note when dissing celebrities for standing up against him.

Oh come on though, I mean really, if he misled people, are you saying this makes him stand out? Different from others, for example Obama?

During Obama's first election campaign he said "NAFTA was a mistake". The administration had some worried folk on the phone soon after, but they reassured them, "It's just campaign rhetoric" i.e. it's just for the consumption of the electorate, don't pay any attention to what he is saying to his crowds.

I don't know if Trump was lying when he said his team had no contact with Russia, or whether he just wasn't aware of any. But the media asking the question suggests that if he had confirmed any contact it would have been spun against him. The reason that the "scandal" is about denying the contact is because the contact in and of itself is not controversial, despite how the media are spinning it.

Here is Obama talking about dealing with Russia after the election, when he will have "more Flexibility". He is assured that this information will be "transferred to Vladimir". There is nothing wrong with that conversation, but I think you ought to consider what your reaction would be if it was Trump having that conversation? Would you cry foul? I think you would. Is Obama secretly best buds with Putin? No.

I'm not at all suggesting that you should like Trump, only that you should treat everyone the same and hold everyone to the same standards. Don't be so tempted to judge the same actions by two people differently based on whether you like that person or not. It's conduct which matters, not personality or style.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We have to disagree. This administration has delivered so many untruths in the first month, and caught out delivering them, that I cannot honestly believe anything they say.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that it is a question for America rather than us and the US has made their decision. If I was an American living in the US I might have voted for him as he seemed willing to shake up the system for the ordinary working man. However, he is big on soundbites and poor on detail and his constant haranguing of the press and his use of " The Failing ..." before naming a tv channel or newspaper does him no credit.If I had of voted for him I would be regretting it already thanks to his current irrationality.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You could probably throw a small blanket over NSC members who actually support him, but many will support the fact that he was actually elected fairly according to the system they have in the states.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Exactly.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think he's been great for exposing the media and Liberal Left in the US for being frauds.

On that side of the scales I support him having a crack at them in their ivory towers.

All the whilst he's being exposed as a liar?

Sweden had a terrorist attack that they didn't know about. "Alternative facts" etc...

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely 100% not.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you actually support Trump?

You haven't really thought about the poll question. To asssit here is how I believe Trump would have written the options

Do you support Trump

Yes - He is the greatest president ever, just look at what he has done in the 1st month

No - But I am an illegal and/or terrorist, and you can find me at (insert your address here)

Think this is over the top, have a look at the survey that Trump sent to his supporters

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/feb/17/10-questions-left-off-trump-mainstream-media-accountability-survey

As you can probably guess I don't support Trump and I believe that he is a real danger to America and World peace.

I can sort of get why some people may support him, but what I can't understand is people supporting him on the basis that he can be reigned in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You haven't really thought about the poll question. To asssit here is how I believe Trump would have written the options

Do you support Trump

Yes - He is the greatest president ever, just look at what he has done in the 1st month

No - But I am an illegal and/or terrorist, and you can find me at (insert your address here)

Think this is over the top, have a look at the survey that Trump sent to his supporters

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/feb/17/10-questions-left-off-trump-mainstream-media-accountability-survey

As you can probably guess I don't support Trump and I believe that he is a real danger to America and World peace.

I can sort of get why some people may support him, but what I can't understand is people supporting him on the basis that he can be reigned in.

disagree-like Brexit IN or OUT- Yes or No....

biddles911

May 12, 2014
His appeal is to the disenfranchised mid west blue collar worker, an audience he has worked assiduously and successfully using techniques, an attitude and a language hitherto unknown in american politics. His narrative and appeal are therefore unusual, narrow, inevitably bigoted and when extrapolated into the wider political agenda, scary. If you add to this other elements that are emerging such as the fact that he is clearly not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, his penchant for taking decisions without consultation or expert advice, that he is a bully but very thin-skinned and unable to take criticism, that he seems to relish picking fights, that he is a mysoginist, racist (and probably several other negative ".....ists) etc etc etc and one is left hoping that the checks and balances built into the american political system can somehow exert a level of control over his wildest flights of fantasy.

Sums up my thoughts on Trump exactly.

How American women or any minorities could bring themselves to vote for him beggars belief let alone believe in his simplistic "solutions" to their problems.

Still don't understand why Hillary was so hated but I guess the Americans understand better than I do? If it was all to do with the emails issue then I'm doubly baffled?!

If we can avoid a nuclear war over the next four years then I'll consider his presidency to be a major success......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't know if Trump was lying when he said his team had no contact with Russia, or whether he just wasn't aware of any. But the media asking the question suggests that if he had confirmed any contact it would have been spun against him. The reason that the "scandal" is about denying the contact is because the contact in and of itself is not controversial, despite how the media are spinning it.

not sure if you've not followed the detail of that story or just accepting a pro-Trump version. his Security Advisor resigned over the matter, he didnt hang on for long and protest nothing happened because we/they know that there was contact and that it was improper. the contact itself was not the issue, but that he discussed specific diplomatic matters, which is illegal for anyone outside the government to do. to compound the error he then misled Pence (its unknown if ever discussed with Trump). this is pretty much all on the record from the Whitehouse, not spin from anyone. the only spin is when Trump came out and claimed the leak (that this all happened) it was fake news, despite the resignation and the fact he was accusing his security services of leaking it. he's a bit odd like that, denying the foundations of his own position, that and making stuff up then claiming everything against him is fake news (apparently 5 lies counted in the rally yesturday).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Do you support Trump

I can only assume you are trying to draw attention to the 10 questions at the bottom of the article?

They are prefaced with the following: Exclusive to the Guardian, discovered behind the settee in an opulent suite at Mar-a-Lago, are the following 10 questions trimmed from the survey before its release

I did a google search for one of the questions, 1 result. That guardian article.

You got trolled by the guardian, you took what was clearly - fake news - and believed it. I wonder how many people also believe that Trump got recorded with a hooker in a Russian hotel room? Remember that one?

Again, I'm not saying you should like trump, but try to realize that you are being played. If you think Trump doesn't care about the truth, neither do the media.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here