Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great post there. I think changes are going to happen a lot quicker than people think. If Le Pen wins, the eU comes down and borders go up and another step is taken to saving western civilisation from a grim fate. Regardless of how nazi Le Pen is. A belgian Historian commented that Europe was heading for civil war with in 30 years. I made it 5 to 15 when I cam to that conclusion a couple of years ago. At the root of the problem is low birth rates, banning abortion would turn things about which I can see the USA doing after supreme court appointments The Europe would follow suit.

:facepalm:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I smell the festering, open wounds of those that glibly mocked and demeaned Trump and Farage for a very long time and now, still cannot bring themselves to accept the change that is taking place. Quiet reflection has been replaced by foot-stamping and over-reaction and a desperation to see immediate failure.
We now live in a society of instant condemnation and emotional outburst, where those who felt warm and comfortable with Big Brother's arm around their shoulder, guiding them every step of the way, now feel exposed and vulnerable, unable to cope with change.
Society has been fighting a battle between the older, rebellious generation, who genuinely tried to rip up the agenda and start again and succeeding generations, who grew up increasingly disinterested in macro affairs and started living their lives in a micro bubble, allowing the Establishment to wrest back firm control. The politically correct, with their own misguided agenda infiltrated every walk of life and started their campaign of indoctrination.
Career politicians do what it says on the label. They tinker around the edges, trying not to offend. They promise and then fail to deliver. They are our elected representatives but many do not represent us. They avoid the major issues whilst pursuing self-interest. Corruption is rife and they rarely get brought to account .
Trump is a career business man. He isn't a politician. Its like Alan Sugar being PM over here. There would be lots of straight talking and things would start to happen. They would both run their respective countries like a business, which most politicians haven't got a clue about. Some are very good at feathering their own nests ( Blair, Clinton etc ) but most have a pretty flimsy grip of finance. Trump wants to help USA business, not cripple and overburden it. For years in this country, we have put up with business being ripped off, whether it is corporation tax, NI, VAT, tax on fuel, business rates etc etc etc. Treated like a massive cash cow to extract every penny out of.
Forget this hysteria about the man himself. Judge him on whether he starts to turn his country round and protects the interests of its citizens. All credit to him if he does and hopefully we can learn from it as well, rather than endure years more of underlying social unrest as our country is allowed to run away, out of control.

Alan Sugar would say that you and Trump are fired.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Great post there. I think changes are going to happen a lot quicker than people think. If Le Pen wins, the eU comes down and borders go up and another step is taken to saving western civilisation from a grim fate. Regardless of how nazi Le Pen is. A belgian Historian commented that Europe was heading for civil war with in 30 years. I made it 5 to 15 when I cam to that conclusion a couple of years ago. At the root of the problem is low birth rates, banning abortion would turn things about which I can see the USA doing after supreme court appointments The Europe would follow suit.

Love how you always try to present yourself as ahead of the curve in some way. Laughable.

Aside from that though, you see the election of far right politicians and policies such as banning abortion as saving Western Civilisation?
I guess in many ways I agree with you on the direction the world is heading. The one slight difference is, I think it is a BAD thing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That tells me he is actually getting out there and meeting the general public.

How many of the general public can afford the $200000 members fee for his resort hotel which he has visited 3 times. Similary how many general public has he met durinh his golf rounds.

D

Deleted member 22389

How many of the general public can afford the $200000 members fee for his resort hotel which he has visited 3 times. Similary how many general public has he met durinh his golf rounds.

What does it matter how much people are prepared to pay, if it provides jobs for people at the end of the line, that's a good thing.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What does it matter how much people are prepared to pay, if it provides jobs for people at the end of the line, that's a good thing.

Can you explain to me how it is ok to spend millions of dollars on unnecessary trips to Florida when you actively campaigned on reducing govt spending ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can you explain to me how it is ok to spend millions of dollars on unnecessary trips to Florida when you actively campaigned on reducing govt spending ?
Sounds a bit like the ridiculous gravy train of the EU, moving hundreds of meps and bureaucrats at weekly intervals between Strasburg and Brussels. What a waste.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So the general public will be there having paid their $200.000. Why these 3 visits from someone who campaigned on the fact that they would be too busy sorting things out at the White House to have time to take vacations.

D

Deleted member 22389

That article fails to mention It is a working getaway, click through to the Washington post one, secondly we don't if he used his own jet or the official one, either way there is the cost for security which is standard. There are also complaints regarding the cost of protecting Trump tower, may be that wouldn't be necessary if people didn't want to smash it up. The bloke can't win. We could go on all day.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That article fails to mention It is a working getaway, click through to the Washington post one, secondly we don't if he used his own jet or the official one, either way there is the cost for security which is standard. There are also complaints regarding the cost of protecting Trump tower, may be that wouldn't be necessary if people didn't want to smash it up. The bloke can't win. We could go on all day.

Trump just isn't used to being under so much scrutiny, he's used to a, its my way or the highway approach. It just wont work like that anymore

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

that doesn't answer the question. What work can be accomplished in a resort in Florida that can't be as easily be done in Washington? The security is not standard it's additional. The trump tower stuff is a separate issue but we can go through that as well if you wish as it further illustrates the massive hypocrisy of the president and his supporters

D

Deleted member 22389

Trump just isn't used to being under so much scrutiny, he's used to a, its my way or the highway approach. It just wont work like that anymore

There is scrutiny, then there is going over the top. Next they will be complaining about the amount of eggs he has for breakfast.

D

Deleted member 22389

that doesn't answer the question. What work can be accomplished in a resort in Florida that can't be as easily be done in Washington? The security is not standard it's additional. The trump tower stuff is a separate issue but we can go through that as well if you wish as it further illustrates the massive hypocrisy of the president and his supporters

If he is meeting people in Florida for Presidential business, it might be easier for them to get there than it is too Washington. When we used to have meetings, sometimes we would meet half way.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It probably won't surprise you to learn that I don't support Trump.

However, let's not lose sight of the fact that after 8 years of Obama, plenty of Americans felt that something had to change. Or worse, plenty of Americans were so despondent about their lot that they voted for anything other than more of the same.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If he is meeting people in Florida for Presidential business, it might be easier for them to get there than it is too Washington. When we used to have meetings, sometimes we would meet half way.
meeting people in Florida for presidential business? Meeting half way ? How much presidential business needs to be done with Guyana?. If you're the president it's almost always easier to bring people to you rather than take your presidential entourage halfway to them. Reread what you just wrote and tell me that actually justifies regular trips to Florida

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the difference between regular trips to Florida and regular trips to Camp David?

The Donald sure as hell ain't going for rambles in the peace and quiet or contemplating the meaning of life in meditative silence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here