57 16.01%
  • No

299 83.99%
Page 1 of 61 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you actually support Trump?

Do you actually support Trump?

0 Not allowed!

I'm just wondering if anyone actually truly supports him. On the other thread you'll see the usual thing right wingers do when they don't support, or don't won't to be seen in public supporting, a policy .....which is to avoid discussion and snipe at supposed hypocrisy from other parties. I see this as tacit support. But I'm curious if anyone truly supports him and thinks he is a force for good.

PS This isn't an anti-American thread. I have a lot of time for the US and most of its people, and work with them.
    Last edited by Herr Tubthumper; 19-02-2017 at 09:26.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

Members

2 Not allowed!
    Not linked directly but this is NSC. Some people actually do.
    My brother, married and domiciled in California, has a red neck, Church loving, anti abortion, anti white and hunting Brother-in-law up in Washington State and a Mother in law who is one of Trumps women. Scarey reading their Facebook pages. Interestingly they seem to have forgotten the father and husband was/is a Mexican.
    That's the nearest I get but I won't be spending Xmas with them

Members

3 Not allowed!
    Interesting thread. Don't necessarily support him and think he is completely over the top (putting it mildly). However, unusually for a politician, he outlined what he was going to do and immediately set about trying to do it.

For that alone I give him a degree of respect (small though it may be).

The other thing I would add is that although perhaps more of a 'politician', I wonder what Hilary would have done.

Sorry @Herr Tubthumper i haven't answered really, as I don't support!

PS.
    The usual right winger comment, is that the same as the left when they don't get what they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
    I think he's been great for exposing the media and Liberal Left in the US for being frauds.

On that side of the scales I support him having a crack at them in their ivory towers.
    It's a marathon, not a sprint.

6 Not allowed!
    I like the idea of someone who isn't a career politician shaking things up and saying what he actually thinks, rather than constant political bullshit. I also like the idea of someone who has real, long term experience in business getting in office instead of someone who knows nothing about the real world. I can completely see how someone like this struck a chord with the electorate.

It's just a shame that it had to be a complete and utter mentalist that ran on that ticket.

I do think he is being hammered by a lot of the media and a lot of things are being blown out of proportion though. A few Americans at my old work supported him and said that the perception and reporting we get of him in the U.K is very different to what they see in the U.S.

Still think he's a **** though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not linked directly but this is NSC. Some people actually do.
    My brother, married and domiciled in California, has a red neck, Church loving, anti abortion, anti white and hunting Brother-in-law up in Washington State and a Mother in law who is one of Trumps women. Scarey reading their Facebook pages. Interestingly they seem to have forgotten the father and husband was/is a Mexican.
    That's the nearest I get but I won't be spending Xmas with them
    What if the Mexican chap is a Republican and supports Trump?
    It's a marathon, not a sprint.

2 Not allowed!
    I'm in no way a supporter but:-

The planet has been on the same trajectory the last 70 years.
    A year ago we were looking ahead to a further 5, 10, 70 years of the same.

Now I'm a white middle aged man with a job, house, family, car, etc, I'm winning.

But there's plenty that aren't winning and despite what we tell ourselves, they never will.
    Those people, the ones that can vote, have shouted f**k you very very loudly.

In the space of 12 months, we have lurched from some peoples stability to the brink of scary shite chaos.
    Under the rule of Farage and Trump 'we' have taken a monumental step back, but assuming we're still around to see it, when we get back to striding forward I hope we'll be taking a considerably more people with us.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks

Members

5 Not allowed!
    I would have voted for Trump, seems to care about bringing jobs to America, especially in manufacturing which is so important. Countries like the US, the UK have fallen behind the likes of China. We manufacture sod all, we just consume it. How about we make it, consume it and keep the money flowing in our own countries, and create thousands of jobs in the process.

Protecting the borders, again I can't see what the big deal is. He only wants to keep the US safe, and also control the numbers so the economy is not swamped by cheap Labour, thus creating poor working conditions and pay for everyone.

I can't stand these celebrities, pop stars and silly protests, that alone would have pushed me to vote for Trump. Can they not go a day without making some sort of comment. Move on Trump won, see how it goes. If it's a massive failure, well the alternative doesn't work.

1 Not allowed!
    I'm no supporter, in fact I think he's incredibly dangerous, however I do find it mildly amusing reading the reaction to his accent to the Oval by many of those shall we say leaning to to left!

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if the Mexican chap is a Republican and supports Trump?
    The children deny any Mexican blood was my point. They are lying, white Americans in the name of the Lord.