Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Any different to Clarkson and co in Argentina or the deep south in the States were they were attacked by the locals?

However top marks to the mobility scooter vigilante

Yes, very different. They actually mention they have been informed of no go zones for ambulances etc.

Look at how the Police act in that report.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

So Australian 60 Minutes is spreading the myth?

'60 Minutes have apparently partnered with Avpixlat, a Swedish anti-immigration online outlet which describes itself as working in the spirit of “alternative journalism” and as a “thorn in the side of the PC-establishment’s journalists and politicians”. Avpixlat claims to expose “inconvenient truths and opinions about Swedish immigration and migration policy”.

Reports in global media outlets have referred to Avpixlat as a Swedish “media outlet” and “news service”. However, much of Swedish mainstream media, including newspaper Expressen, have labelled Avpixlat as a "hate site." Avpixlat also has links to the Sweden Democrat Party.'

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
'60 Minutes have apparently partnered with Avpixlat, a Swedish anti-immigration online outlet which describes itself as working in the spirit of “alternative journalism” and as a “thorn in the side of the PC-establishment’s journalists and politicians”. Avpixlat claims to expose “inconvenient truths and opinions about Swedish immigration and migration policy”.

Reports in global media outlets have referred to Avpixlat as a Swedish “media outlet” and “news service”. However, much of Swedish mainstream media, including newspaper Expressen, have labelled Avpixlat as a "hate site." Avpixlat also has links to the Sweden Democrat Party.'

Anything that contains "have apparently" should be read as "we don't know where making assumptions". Thus lacking much credibility. Where is that even from?

60 Minutes has never had any anti-refugee agenda and it seen as a reputable source for reporting. Funny how they ignore the whole part of showing the human face of refugees and actually giving both sides to the story yet the part they don't agree with is the bit they challenge.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anything that contains "have apparently" should be read as "we don't know where making assumptions". Thus lacking much credibility. Where is that even from?

60 Minutes has never had any anti-refugee agenda and it seen as a reputable source for reporting. Funny how they ignore the whole part of showing the human face of refugees and actually giving both sides to the story yet the part they don't agree with is the bit they challenge.

Sverige Radio
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6379970

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am not conversant with the minutiae of American politics, and I can see that Donald Trump is no Dalai Lama, but he is doing some good (to my mind) by way of mitigation, such as in his efforts to close organisations that promote abortion. Indeed, Donald Trump is profoundly pro-life, and Mike Pence, days into his Vice-Presidency, gave a dignified and moving speech at the March For Life event (which, predictably, received next-to-no coverage in the mainstream media). Since Roe v Wade 1973, a staggering 60 million abortions have been performed in the US (an equally depressing 8.5 million abortions have been performed in the UK since the passing of the Abortion Act 1967). For me, this life-or-death issue transcends all politics.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've always seen legalised abortion as the lesser of two evils, if desperate women can't get a legal abortion, some resort to back street abortionists, or even attempt to self abor, with all the medical complications that can result from that.
Anyway, I'm a 57 year old bloke, what right do I have to tell a pregnant woman what she can do with her body

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
60 minutes is classic Ozzie tabloid TV. There are now 55 declared no-go zones in Sweden, fake news I'm afraid

Fake news is the domain of CNN and their ilk. 60 minutes here actually has some investigative journos left, unlike the aforementioned broadcasting companies in the US.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trump wants to slash the EPA budget by 31% while significantly increasingthe military and homeland security budget.

Smog city USA here we come.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I am not conversant with the minutiae of American politics, and I can see that Donald Trump is no Dalai Lama, but he is doing some good (to my mind) by way of mitigation, such as in his efforts to close organisations that promote abortion. Indeed, Donald Trump is profoundly pro-life, and Mike Pence, days into his Vice-Presidency, gave a dignified and moving speech at the March For Life event (which, predictably, received next-to-no coverage in the mainstream media). Since Roe v Wade 1973, a staggering 60 million abortions have been performed in the US (an equally depressing 8.5 million abortions have been performed in the UK since the passing of the Abortion Act 1967). For me, this life-or-death issue transcends all politics.

My biggest reason for opposing Trump (and the modern-day Republican Party) would be their attitude to abortion. I am firmly on the Right politically but I support the right to abortion very strongly. The idea that a woman should be forced to go through with a pregnancy she wishes to terminate is quite simply barbaric.
I'm not going to say that 60 million abortions in The US and 8.5 million here is a good thing; it would have been preferable had the women not got pregnant. But much better 68.5 million abortions than 68.5 million more unwanted people on this overpopulated planet.
A report came out a couple of years ago which managed to upset both sides of the debate. It gave evidence that Roe v Wade had led to a large reduction in crime because poorer women were not forced to have children they hadn't wanted. The Republicans didn't like it because it showed abortion led to less lawlessness; The Democrats didn't like it because it reinforced the idea that certain communities breed more criminals.
I think the right to abortion is a basic requirement of a civilised society.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My biggest reason for opposing Trump (and the modern-day Republican Party) would be their attitude to abortion. I am firmly on the Right politically but I support the right to abortion very strongly. The idea that a woman should be forced to go through with a pregnancy she wishes to terminate is quite simply barbaric.
I'm not going to say that 60 million abortions in The US and 8.5 million here is a good thing; it would have been preferable had the women not got pregnant. But much better 68.5 million abortions than 68.5 million more unwanted people on this overpopulated planet.
A report came out a couple of years ago which managed to upset both sides of the debate. It gave evidence that Roe v Wade had led to a large reduction in crime because poorer women were not forced to have children they hadn't wanted. The Republicans didn't like it because it showed abortion led to less lawlessness; The Democrats didn't like it because it reinforced the idea that certain communities breed more criminals.

Agreed.

Many of those abortions will be because people feel they are not in the right financial position to bring a life into the world and give them a good life. To then have a multi-billionaire president tell you that you don't have that right.........

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you've previously posted, however, I agree with every word of that post

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leaked by Trump himself to control the debate?

Yes, probably leaked by Trump as It was a next to useless disappointing 2 page summary of 1 particular year. We really need the actual details of the breakdown to see who he 'owes'.

Has he just leaked his 'best' year for paying tax?

I can't be arsed (or to be truthful, can't be doing with digging through US citizenship law) to validate this tweet, which I know I should as it appears to tick all the right boxes.
So you make of it what you will:-

[tweet]842012074595225601[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I can't be arsed (or to be truthful, can't be doing with digging through US citizenship law) to validate this tweet, which I know I should as it appears to tick all the right boxes.
So you make of it what you will:-

[tweet]842012074595225601[/tweet]

Spot on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here