Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The answer to the question is no, I don’t. It is interesting to note where his support comes from and there seem to be 4 distinct groups. The GOP establishment who see him as route to lower taxation, de-regulation etc. ; the evangelicals who want the Supreme Court loaded with social conservatives; blue collar workers in depressed industrial areas who have been promised their jobs back; and Steve, Milo and the Breitbart guys who see him as shaking things up on a global level. It is hard to see how he will keep them all happy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's a sad indictment of modern politics that we have had in rectnet times politicians of the ilk of (for example)
Bliar
Brown
Juncker
Hollande (what a complete waste of oxygen)
Clinton
Farage
Trump

However, the left-wing luvvies really need to get on with their own lives and stop this constant whining.

But no, I don't Support Trump, but then again I though Obama was completely ineffective and hypocritical and Clinton would have been a disaster.

You are listening in the wrong places and reading the wrong newspapers. In the wider context there are no clarion left wing voices. I cannot remember the last time I heard anyone of the left say anything new or interesting or indeed anything that resonates with my outlook. I hear Trump and Farage but I don't hear any left equivalent. Corbyn has said nothing in 2 years (the most ineffective leader in the history of UK politics; makes Alec Douglas Hume look dynamic and visionary). No, the only time I ever hear anythuing left wing these days is when I hear people like you whining about people on the left whining. Get over it; there is no left anymore and you STILL can't stop obsessing. No, any failing in society now can be blamed on the right. Hear Liz Truss on the tellybox earlier this morning? 'I voted remain but if there was another vote I would vote Leave, because it is the settled view of the people' WTF? She has firm views that she is proud to change if it will increase her change of re-election. This is the sort of politician we have in the UK now. Even Corbyn accepts the vote. Trump is an arse, but as others have said, he does exactly what he said he'd do. Would I vote for him? Not if he was the last man standing. Never. The man is fit only for punching in the face. He will be thrown out, and it will emerge he has conflict of interest issues with Russia, with some Arab states (the ones he hasn't boycotted), and is developing policy to vaour his own companies. He got elected to enrich himself and his cronies. He has embarrassed the office. Shocking, truly shocking.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No I don't. I think he is only in it to enhance his business. The ban on travel not covering countries he does business with is a good example, his exhortation for people to boycott shops that drop his daughter's fashion line is another. None of this is anything to do with making 'America Great Again'.

And I can't stand liars.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The answer to the question is no, I don’t. It is interesting to note where his support comes from and there seem to be 4 distinct groups. The GOP establishment who see him as route to lower taxation, de-regulation etc. ; the evangelicals who want the Supreme Court loaded with social conservatives; blue collar workers in depressed industrial areas who have been promised their jobs back; and Steve, Milo and the Breitbart guys who see him as shaking things up on a global level. It is hard to see how he will keep them all happy.

And Cubans. Cubans voted at a higher rate for Trump than "white" America did.

They played a big part in delivering him Florida.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
BBC Washington correspondent last week was wondering that if Trump spends as much time tweeting and watching cable news as he seems to, given the content of his tweets, when does he find the time to do some actual governing?

Unless that is also fake news...

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is pretty close to how I'm seeing things, so I'll just be lazy and quote it!

I can understand why Americans voted for him, obviously he attracted the vote of the far right but to get elected he must've been voted for by millions of normal people who don't harbour any extreme or racist views and you have to question why that happened given that Trump is such a useless politician with no workable policies.

The way out of this is to engage and debate about what he's doing without belittling the people who voted for him because that will only disenfranchise them even further but he's making such a hash of it that it's difficult not to take the piss!

I blame the Democrats for selecting Clinton who was probably the only person toxic enough to lose an election to Trump.

Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, large parts of the Left seem incapable of doing what you say, which is a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larus

You are listening in the wrong places and reading the wrong newspapers. In the wider context there are no clarion left wing voices. I cannot remember the last time I heard anyone of the left say anything new or interesting or indeed anything that resonates with my outlook. I hear Trump and Farage but I don't hear any left equivalent. Corbyn has said nothing in 2 years (the most ineffective leader in the history of UK politics; makes Alec Douglas Hume look dynamic and visionary). No, the only time I ever hear anythuing left wing these days is when I hear people like you whining about people on the left whining. Get over it; there is no left anymore and you STILL can't stop obsessing. No, any failing in society now can be blamed on the right. Hear Liz Truss on the tellybox earlier this morning? 'I voted remain but if there was another vote I would vote Leave, because it is the settled view of the people' WTF? She has firm views that she is proud to change if it will increase her change of re-election. This is the sort of politician we have in the UK now. Even Corbyn accepts the vote. Trump is an arse, but as others have said, he does exactly what he said he'd do. Would I vote for him? Not if he was the last man standing. Never. The man is fit only for punching in the face. He will be thrown out, and it will emerge he has conflict of interest issues with Russia, with some Arab states (the ones he hasn't boycotted), and is developing policy to vaour his own companies. He got elected to enrich himself and his cronies. He has embarrassed the office. Shocking, truly shocking.

I don't just mean the left-wing as in political parties. You see it organisations for example, like greenpeace, IPCC, climate science where the agenda is more important than the facts.

The main-stream media is to blame for so much of the mistrust now. Think of all of the stories we get of 'extremes'. A little bit of flooding somewhere and the reporters are on-site for days on end making it out to be such a disaster. The reality if often that these events are localised yet dramatised for effect. I want the news, not a f****ing to show. This constant manipulation of the truth extends to political reporting and analysis and IMO, vast swathes of the media have a more left-wing/green agenda (I'm not saying all BTW). I realise there are excesses on the right too which I abhore as much.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No I don't. I think he is only in it to enhance his business. The ban on travel not covering countries he does business with is a good example, his exhortation for people to boycott shops that drop his daughter's fashion line is another. None of this is anything to do with making 'America Great Again'.

And I can't stand liars.
And when he drops his anti-China position, by miraculous coincidence he finally gets the trademark registration he's been trying to get in China for years.

He's as bent as they come.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Love the Trump!

Does what he says not what his PR agent says to say.

Great for comedy value

I'd have defiantly voted for him and yes I voted Brexit.

Personally I'd rather England was an American state than a European one. Brussels can have Scotland.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And when he drops his anti-China position, by miraculous coincidence he finally gets the trademark registration he's been trying to get in China for years.

He's as bent as they come.

Really think that will happen..oh it has and i don't see his policy against China changing-in fact it could be argued it (being granted)arose because of it.....

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If anyone thinks Trump is just a hard-headed businessman who tells it like it is, speaks up for the blue-collar guy and wants to put the pride back in America - please give 15 minutes to reading this.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n04/sidney-blumenthal/a-short-history-of-the-trump-family

It dissects his long history of relying on gangsters, racists, Russian money-launderers and cynical sociopaths to get to where he is. This is not 'fake news', it's properly-researched analysis which can be factually challenged because it identifies its sources.

This kind of reliance on evidence and factual argument is one of the things that distinguishes liberal democracy from neo-fascists like Trump and his circle.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I like the idea of someone who isn't a career politician shaking things up and saying what he actually thinks, rather than constant political bullshit. I also like the idea of someone who has real, long term experience in business getting in office instead of someone who knows nothing about the real world. I can completely see how someone like this struck a chord with the electorate.

It's just a shame that it had to be a complete and utter mentalist that ran on that ticket.

I do think he is being hammered by a lot of the media and a lot of things are being blown out of proportion though. A few Americans at my old work supported him and said that the perception and reporting we get of him in the U.K is very different to what they see in the U.S.

Still think he's a **** though.

Tend to agree with this .... but I NEVER thought I'd ever agree with anything posted by Commander! Trump for sure has made American politics a damn sight more interesting than it would have been with Hillary in the White House.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, if you think either Obama did a good job or Clinton would have done a good job then I rest my case, Typical left-wing blinkered view.

I like carrots. But like Obama and Clinton this is nothing to do with my question. My question is quite pure and simple, do you support Trump.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes i support Trump..I once Supported Obhama too......fickle is i

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Superb post.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
the guy is a meglomaniacal narcissistic mysoginist racist nutjob who seems to have almost no concept pf a reality existing outside of his head. Without doubt the most dangerous US president in my lifetime but would and should have been nohing more than a comical sideline in the repub primaries if not for the deluded fools and outright crazies who voted for him. Yes US society has become corrupted and inequitable for many but you dont cure a stomach ache by swallowiing a tapeworm ...sorry dodgy analogy but hope you know what i mean. Living in Oz now and we are beginning to see symptoms here too but it scares/saddens me to see people on here genuinely saying they wouldve voted for him

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not a big fan of Trump. But why was there never a "Do you actually support Obama?" thread?

What I know is that when I said I didn't like Obama I was presumed a racist, and when I said I didn't like Clinton I was presumed to be sexist.

So when those same people, who relished in calling me a racist sexist, come out now and say they don't like Trump, I do get some degree of satisfaction from telling them they are entitled to their opinions and I respect that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here