Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you actually support Trump?

I'm just wondering if anyone actually truly supports him. On the other thread you'll see the usual thing right wingers do when they don't support, or don't won't to be seen in public supporting, a policy .....which is to avoid discussion and snipe at supposed hypocrisy from other parties. I see this as tacit support. But I'm curious if anyone truly supports him and thinks he is a force for good.

PS This isn't an anti-American thread. I have a lot of time for the US and most of its people, and work with them.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not linked directly but this is NSC. Some people actually do.
My brother, married and domiciled in California, has a red neck, Church loving, anti abortion, anti white and hunting Brother-in-law up in Washington State and a Mother in law who is one of Trumps women. Scarey reading their Facebook pages. Interestingly they seem to have forgotten the father and husband was/is a Mexican.
That's the nearest I get but I won't be spending Xmas with them

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interesting thread. Don't necessarily support him and think he is completely over the top (putting it mildly). However, unusually for a politician, he outlined what he was going to do and immediately set about trying to do it.

For that alone I give him a degree of respect (small though it may be).

The other thing I would add is that although perhaps more of a 'politician', I wonder what Hilary would have done.

Sorry [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] i haven't answered really, as I don't support!

PS.
The usual right winger comment, is that the same as the left when they don't get what they want [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think he's been great for exposing the media and Liberal Left in the US for being frauds.

On that side of the scales I support him having a crack at them in their ivory towers.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
I like the idea of someone who isn't a career politician shaking things up and saying what he actually thinks, rather than constant political bullshit. I also like the idea of someone who has real, long term experience in business getting in office instead of someone who knows nothing about the real world. I can completely see how someone like this struck a chord with the electorate.

It's just a shame that it had to be a complete and utter mentalist that ran on that ticket.

I do think he is being hammered by a lot of the media and a lot of things are being blown out of proportion though. A few Americans at my old work supported him and said that the perception and reporting we get of him in the U.K is very different to what they see in the U.S.

Still think he's a **** though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My brother, married and domiciled in California, has a red neck, Church loving, anti abortion, anti white and hunting Brother-in-law up in Washington State and a Mother in law who is one of Trumps women. Scarey reading their Facebook pages. Interestingly they seem to have forgotten the father and husband was/is a Mexican.

What if the Mexican chap is a Republican and supports Trump?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in no way a supporter but:-

The planet has been on the same trajectory the last 70 years.
A year ago we were looking ahead to a further 5, 10, 70 years of the same.

Now I'm a white middle aged man with a job, house, family, car, etc, I'm winning.

But there's plenty that aren't winning and despite what we tell ourselves, they never will.
Those people, the ones that can vote, have shouted f**k you very very loudly.

In the space of 12 months, we have lurched from some peoples stability to the brink of scary shite chaos.
Under the rule of Farage and Trump 'we' have taken a monumental step back, but assuming we're still around to see it, when we get back to striding forward I hope we'll be taking a considerably more people with us.

D

Deleted member 22389

I would have voted for Trump, seems to care about bringing jobs to America, especially in manufacturing which is so important. Countries like the US, the UK have fallen behind the likes of China. We manufacture sod all, we just consume it. How about we make it, consume it and keep the money flowing in our own countries, and create thousands of jobs in the process.

Protecting the borders, again I can't see what the big deal is. He only wants to keep the US safe, and also control the numbers so the economy is not swamped by cheap Labour, thus creating poor working conditions and pay for everyone.

I can't stand these celebrities, pop stars and silly protests, that alone would have pushed me to vote for Trump. Can they not go a day without making some sort of comment. Move on Trump won, see how it goes. If it's a massive failure, well the alternative doesn't work.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm no supporter, in fact I think he's incredibly dangerous, however I do find it mildly amusing reading the reaction to his accent to the Oval by many of those shall we say leaning to to left!

"....Anti white...???". Sounds a bit mixed up to me.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
You could probably throw a small blanket over NSC members who actually support him, but many will support the fact that he was actually elected fairly according to the system they have in the states.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"....Anti white...???". Sounds a bit mixed up to me.

Double post, how did that happen? I blame Trump!!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Doubt he will make America great again, whatever that means, but the hysteria is over the top especially as Clinton was in her own way no better

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's the old classic of people liking democracy until what they want is voted against. Animal Farm level hypocrisy

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
His appeal is to the disenfranchised mid west blue collar worker, an audience he has worked assiduously and successfully using techniques, an attitude and a language hitherto unknown in american politics. His narrative and appeal are therefore unusual, narrow, inevitably bigoted and when extrapolated into the wider political agenda, scary. If you add to this other elements that are emerging such as the fact that he is clearly not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, his penchant for taking decisions without consultation or expert advice, that he is a bully but very thin-skinned and unable to take criticism, that he seems to relish picking fights, that he is a mysoginist, racist (and probably several other negative ".....ists) etc etc etc and one is left hoping that the checks and balances built into the american political system can somehow exert a level of control over his wildest flights of fantasy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here