Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Feel So Much Better

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Not if Huddersfield keep on winning. A lot to play for, yet . . . .

I just hope the McCain Stadium Outfit (yes, I know) have their heads turned by the prospect of playing at The Etihad. Take their eye of the proper ball, etc. One can only hope.

McCain Stadium ?? Has something just whooshed over my head or did you mean the John Smiths Stadium ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
McCain Stadium ?? Has something just whooshed over my head or did you mean the John Smiths Stadium ?

Sorry, I was attempting to mock the low brow media (who call us 'The Amex Outfit'), using the old sponsorship name of the Kirkless stadium to add to the effect. Except it was called McAlpine, not McCain. McCain (so wikipedia tells me) is the former home of Scarborough. So I was at least in the right county . . . . but, yes it was a double whoosh.

<sigh> :lolol:

el punal

Sorry, I was attempting to mock the low brow media (who call us 'The Amex Outfit'), using the old sponsorship name of the Kirkless stadium to add to the effect. Except it was called McAlpine, not McCain. McCain (so wikipedia tells me) is the former home of Scarborough. So I was at least in the right county . . . . but, yes it was a double whoosh.

Drink a nice cup of hot cocoa and have a little lie down. :D

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Oh Lord, Lucky you're not a judge in any child abuse court cases.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was a really fantastic team performance today, with a huge contribution from all involved. <snip>

What a fabulous position to be in after 32 games. This is a truly great time to be an Albion fan.

The tellybox spent 15 minutes on us last night - extended highlights and drooling analysis by Iwelumo. I must say that the two goals looked quite special.

I agree with all the comments about us swinging from suicidal to euphorically certifiable is the space of consecutive games. Sums me up 110%. :lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Top two must look a long way away for reading , now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh Lord, Lucky you're not a judge in any child abuse court cases.

Well, I'm not a judge, but to be fair I do make a bit more of an effort to be accurate in my work context. In leisure, I find Freudian slips (and these are not articles of clothing, btw) and even egregious inaccuracy to be all part of the fun. :bigwave:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't look beyond 17 points clear, and a game in hand, on 7th (seventh).

I guess it depends on whether you can stand another playoff lottery? I will seriously consider going away during the playoffs if we are in them again. Not sure I can live with the disappointment of watching us crash out again :down:

Auto or nothing for me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it depends on whether you can stand another playoff lottery? I will seriously consider going away during the playoffs if we are in them again. Not sure I can live with the disappointment of watching us crash out again :down:

Auto or nothing for me
Oh definitely.

But come on, it's the middle of February and lil old Brighton are already 17 (seventeen) points clear of 7th place, with a +17 goal difference.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh definitely.

But come on, it's the middle of February and lil old Brighton are already 17 (seventeen) points clear of 7th place, with a +17 goal difference.

Nope no interest in 3rd to 6th thanks, just looking at the teams we'd have to play, if the same teams stay in the top six makes me shudder :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here