Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Feel So Much Better

el punal

After recent games to produce a dominant performance against an in-form side was a real 'up yours' to all the doubters.

I must admit that after the lacklustre showing against Ipswich would the team regain its mojo? Well of course it did! A 2-0 win, a clean sheet to boot, going top of the table again, and, opening up a 7 point gap to third place, well, that ticks all the boxes.

I'm now looking forward to the home games against Reading and Newcastle with so much more confidence. Another added bonus being that Huddersfield are now involved in an extra, probably unwanted, replay with Man.City.

So well done Chris and the boys, I never doubted you for a second! :drink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It takes a lot of pressure off the next two games. Looking forward to them hugely now.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Yes massive win today. Looking forward to Reading now. Would have been a whole different feeling if we had lost today BUT we didn't. It certainly Brightons your weekend doesn't it. Up the Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we played well against Ipswich?

I did too - others thought we were poor. It was a real game to divide opinion...

But yes this result today has the same feeling to it as the Brizzle game where we were fairly confortable and got the job done. Hopefully the Albion of a few months back have returned!!

el punal

I thought we played well against Ipswich?

We were careless - a lot of misplaced passes, decision making was poor and we played a Mick McCarthy side of 'they shall not pass' mode. It was a game we could have won in the last ten minutes, it was also a game we could so easily have lost to an Ipswich breakaway.

And all of it not helped by a crud of a ref.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Whilst the attackers entertain it is really the defence which will gets the results.

The crux of getting back to winning ways was not to concede and that we achieved today. There is enough in our team (starting and on the bench) to create and put away chances. If the defence performs as it can we will go up. That is the key.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes massive win today. Looking forward to Reading now. Would have been a whole different feeling if we had lost today BUT we didn't. It certainly Brightons your weekend doesn't it. Up the Albion.

It makes watching the rest of the football so much more enjoyable when we win.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Whilst the attackers entertain it is really the defence which will gets the results.

The crux of getting back to winning ways was not to concede and that we achieved today. There is enough in our team (starting and on the bench) to create and put away chances. If the defence performs as it can we will go up. That is the key.
I agree , the defence is oh so important. Worried that Seb got injured near the end. Dunk is due for a 3 match suspension and .... horror amongst horrors... what happens if Duffy gets a bad knock as well . It aint over yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
7 points from 9 since Stephens and Baldock returned to the side.

This is what matters. We're on track. Be nice to get the added steel of Rosenior back and Kayal up to speed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
6 points from the next two would be absolutely COLOSSUS.

I know it should not be stated but if we win the next two games it will be one giant leap towards the promised land.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's an advert on the radio and the TV at the moment that recommends you replace your mattress every eight years.

I'm replacing mine every eight DAYS at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here