Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Feel So Much Better

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We were careless - a lot of misplaced passes, decision making was poor and we played a Mick McCarthy side of 'they shall not pass' mode. It was a game we could have won in the last ten minutes, it was also a game we could so easily have lost to an Ipswich breakaway.

And all of it not helped by a crud of a ref.

Same Ipswich side drew with Leeds today, no team is a certain 3 points in this league, every team have players that on their day can be the difference. I wouldn't mind making a bid for that Lawrence lad IF we do make it up.

One game at a time, Reading next !

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Went straight home after the Ipswich game and did not have my usual beers.... have to make up for that tonight. Still a lot to go but it really is like a dark cloud has gone....I know I need to enjoy this season (like last) but i am getting quite nervy with each game...

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Went straight home after the Ipswich game and did not have my usual beers.... have to make up for that tonight. Still a lot to go but it really is like a dark cloud has gone....I know I need to enjoy this season (like last) but i am getting quite nervy with each game...
I felt exactly like that after the Tractor Boys. We didn't play badly but we were off! I couldn't get rid of my black cloud either... "We're Doomed" and all that crap. However, doesn't this Barnsley result just cheer you up tremendously. Oh boy, it's not easy this Albion malarky.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We ARE a top team and proved it today. I believe we are the best in the division and this victory means the players AND the fans will go into the Reading game brimming with confidence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know I need to enjoy this season (like last) but i am getting quite nervy with each game...
I contemplated not even listening today, it's all too much for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be promotion in the bag.

Not if Huddersfield keep on winning. A lot to play for, yet . . . .

I just hope the McCain Stadium Outfit (yes, I know) have their heads turned by the prospect of playing at The Etihad. Take their eye of the proper ball, etc. One can only hope.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I felt exactly like that after the Tractor Boys. We didn't play badly but we were off! I couldn't get rid of my black cloud either... "We're Doomed" and all that crap. However, doesn't this Barnsley result just cheer you up tremendously. Oh boy, it's not easy this Albion malarky.

This is me to a T.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Good result. Was at a funeral so missed everything until saw result at 5.15. Quite cathartic really as puts football in perspective.

Seems to me that the simple truth is that we won last Sat, drew last Tues, and won today. And we have another game next Saturday.

When you let your emotions focus on other things, it is quite easy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Like me, too much football to be played, we could lose the next two and everyone will be in melt down...again!

It's a funny old game .. :lol:

Football fans are bi-polar. A loss and we are out of the promotion race, a win and we are going to win the league :lolol::lolol:

All part of the fun of the game, a long way and a lot more mood swings to go yet.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
That was a really fantastic team performance today, with a huge contribution from all involved. Apart from the odd stray pass it was a fine example of how Albion can control a game when they set their minds to it. The team's work rate was incredible and they challenged for every ball, and didn't once sit back. This was Albion at its best tactically and strategically.

After the game, my son and I chatted with a number of Barnsley fans who said that was the best they'd seen Barnsley play at home in ages, which makes today's win seem even sweeter. [On a side note, I must say what a friendly and complimentary bunch they all were - at least the fans we met both before and after the game. All very sporting and genuinely interested to see us doing well bearing in mind where we were just 20 years ago.]

Today was a massive morale booster for the squad and fans alike. Well done to CH on his 100th game in charge and his 50th win; what an achievement. Very much felt that we were back to our old selves today - the Huddersfield 1-3 "blip" seems a lifetime away.

There's a long way to go yet (one game at a time, and all that) but we now know for sure that our fate is in our own hands. I cannot think of anyone other than CH I'd want to be in charge of the squad to see us across the finish line. Hopefully, we'll soon be singing "we're on our way" as a matter of fact rather than optimism! If we continue to perform like we did today then the omens are good.

What a fabulous position to be in after 32 games. This is a truly great time to be an Albion fan.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The performance wasn't convincing for me. We defended extremely well but we still looked a bit devoid of ideas going forward and it took an absolute screamer out of virtually nothing to get us ahead. We will need to play better in the next two home games, but yes, it was a massive result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here