Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The C5 commentators didn't even have a go at him (because he's a mate). Idiots.
    Match of the day seem to suggest that even though the striker caught him he went down easy. It looks to me like he deliberately threw his head at the blokes arm and went down. Don't mind him usually but this act was embarassing.
    Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
      a week is a long time in football! Thought we'd earned the club some credit with our performance against Chelsea and perhaps won a few neutrals over.

Having been on the Clarets forums the only positive is that he's been roundly criticised and the concensus seemas to be for him to leave the club. It does represent a big test for Dyche, he's previously railed against players diving etc. As much as Joey gives us (and has done in the past) this has certainly crossed the line with many of the fans, the post match tweets merely underline that he cannot he helped. It might mean our midfield is a bit sparse with Defour and Marney being injured but I hope he drops him and we don't see him in a Claret shirt again.

Btw - good win for your lot. Won't jinx you just yet, Huddersfield's replay can only help as well.

Maybe if Burnley get rid of Barton (Dyche actually defended him after the match), Dale Stephens will fill the gap in August?

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      Match of the day seem to suggest that even though the striker caught him he went down easy. It looks to me like he deliberately threw his head at the blokes arm and went down.
      Yeah I mistakenly said C5 (having also watched the Championship round up), I meant the BBC. The striker is stood there with his arm out, so Barton runs round him and headbutts his arm before falling to the ground. We don't want people like that in football, he's a disgusting cheat and should have a lengthy ban.
      There's been an eruption

0 Not allowed!
      Very poor form

1 Not allowed!
      well put, should have been sent off
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fisons View Post
      I have always had real admiration for Joey Barton. He is a highly skilled and combative footballer who every Championship side would be delighted to have in their team. He is clearly a very bright bloke as evidenced by his ability to mix it with the best in arguments and debates. He has social good at the heart of most things he says and I share his politics. I have always thought that he is going to become one of the great managers of our time and then he goes and does this. Truly inexplicable and incredibly disappointing behaviour by a bloke I have always backed in the past. It will be harder to maintain that support now but I will continue to look for the positives in this man from the roughest of rough backgrounds who can still make a great success of his life against all odds.
      Well, I have to disagree on several fronts; however, I will stick to saying, I am damn' pleased he doesn't play for us.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fisons View Post
      I have always had real admiration for Joey Barton. He is a highly skilled and combative footballer who every Championship side would be delighted to have in their team. He is clearly a very bright bloke as evidenced by his ability to mix it with the best in arguments and debates. He has social good at the heart of most things he says and I share his politics. I have always thought that he is going to become one of the great managers of our time and then he goes and does this. Truly inexplicable and incredibly disappointing behaviour by a bloke I have always backed in the past. It will be harder to maintain that support now but I will continue to look for the positives in this man from the roughest of rough backgrounds who can still make a great success of his life against all odds.
      I have I idea about his politics, and I'm not interested in them.

The bloke is a coward. and a cheat.

His attempts to justify what he did are pathetic, just like when he stamped on Kayal.

If he wasn't a footballer he'd be in prison by now. The bloke is a nasty piece of work , pure scum.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

5 Not allowed!
      https://www.theguardian.com/football...reud-art-video

I'll post this again as I never tire of watching this idiot try and engage with fine art.....it's hilarious.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/football...reud-art-video

I'll post this again as I never tire of watching this idiot try and engage with fine art.....it's hilarious.
      Same. NEVER get tired of watching that
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
      Lincoln's John Parkin-esque striker (Rhead) had Barton rattled after a very bad early challenge which went unpunished - that set the tone for the match.

Weak referee - I agree Barton and/or Flanagan should have been sent off, but an early yellow card for Rhead probably would have spoiled the Imps' game plan to outmuscle Burnley, who made a mistake by not playing Ben Mee....the more cultured Keane should have been rested instead.
      Like at the Amex last year when the referee should have intervened early to stop Kayal being a better midfielder than Barton. How could Joey be expected to play the whole game coming of second best against a quicker, stronger and better footballer without stamping on him because of his hurt pride?

I like the way that he went on Twitter and said that he didn't take a dive at Rhead's arm like he actually believes it. He did the same after stamping on Kayal. It made me think that he walked away from the Marseille press conference saying to himself 'French Joey - You were absolutely fluent.'