Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Members

3 Not allowed!
    I have always had real admiration for Joey Barton. He is a highly skilled and combative footballer who every Championship side would be delighted to have in their team. He is clearly a very bright bloke as evidenced by his ability to mix it with the best in arguments and debates. He has social good at the heart of most things he says and I share his politics. I have always thought that he is going to become one of the great managers of our time and then he goes and does this. Truly inexplicable and incredibly disappointing behaviour by a bloke I have always backed in the past. It will be harder to maintain that support now but I will continue to look for the positives in this man from the roughest of rough backgrounds who can still make a great success of his life against all odds.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fisons View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have always had real admiration for Joey Barton. He is a highly skilled and combative footballer who every Championship side would be delighted to have in their team. He is clearly a very bright bloke as evidenced by his ability to mix it with the best in arguments and debates. He has social good at the heart of most things he says and I share his politics. I have always thought that he is going to become one of the great managers of our time and then he goes and does this. Truly inexplicable and incredibly disappointing behaviour by a bloke I have always backed in the past. It will be harder to maintain that support now but I will continue to look for the positives in this man from the roughest of rough backgrounds who can still make a great success of his life against all odds.
      This.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

3 Not allowed!
      How could you back someone who stubbed a cigarette out in a youth players face? The bloke is scum and always has been.
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

1 Not allowed!
      He's a compete .

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

2 Not allowed!
      This prat is not a hard man, he's a F'in cheat.
      Disgusting w4nker
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I admit I quite like Barton as a player.. having someone like him in your Sunday League team would sometimes make the difference. Not the best way to win a football match, but if one player draws enough of the opposition into wanting to hurt him it creates space for the rest of the team That being said, what an absolute tool, and i am glad he has never played for us

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post

How can he not be embarrassed at this kind of behaviour.
      The BBC commentators didn't even have a go at him (because he's a mate). Idiots.
      Last edited by Triggaaar; 19-02-2017 at 12:04.
      Still in the Championship

3 Not allowed!
      Drunk at 09:16am

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This.
      Drunk at 09:29am

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      The C5 commentators didn't even have a go at him (because he's a mate). Idiots.
      Lincoln's John Parkin-esque striker (Rhead) had Barton rattled after a very bad early challenge which went unpunished - that set the tone for the match.

Weak referee - I agree Barton and/or Flanagan should have been sent off, but an early yellow card for Rhead probably would have spoiled the Imps' game plan to outmuscle Burnley, who made a mistake by not playing Ben Mee....the more cultured Keane should have been rested instead.