Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton - the most pathetic 'hard man' ever?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He turned up at Rangers at the start of the season as the man that would put Celtic in their place.

He turned into a pussy cat in the old firm games and most of the other games as well. A training game bust up with his team mates ended his time there.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Perhaps if he had just tried to play football they may have won. He becomes a distraction, has a negative effect on his own side and provokes the opposition to try harder. Just how many of us, who weren't really bothered, were rooting for Lincoln at the end because of Barton?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I just wish the media would stop giving Baron any sort of platform: not only can I not stand the sight of him, neither can I stand the sound of him.
I turned the radio off the other week when he was on Talksport. After the game at the Amex I can't stand him!

Glad Burnley are out. Put out a full strength team at 'fortress Turf Moor' too! 😁

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Perhaps if he had just tried to play football they may have won.

thats the greatest tragedy of Barton, he can play football, he's wasted his talent on being a twunt. this is the sort of thing we need a video panel for, at least one if not more match ban for unsporting behaviour.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One thing is for sure, when his football time is up he'll end up behind bars, the bloke is a total liability to himself. Lincoln are so good, they won't keep the manager brothers.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
The first non league side to reach the quarter finals for 103 years.

Correct....the same 1913/14 season when Burnley beat Liverpool 1-0 to win the FA Cup final (at Crystal Palace of all places).:)

Love him or loathe him (and for most people it seems the latter), Barton has been Burnley's BEST player in most of the team's matches since he came on as sub against Sunderland on Jan 7....three or four man of the match performances in half a dozen or so matches.

Lincoln yesterday managed to do what few PL teams have managed recently.....wind Barton up.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The fact that the other gentleman, how shall I put this, doesn't exactly look like a professional association footballer, makes that truly comical. What a dick.

double dip dave

Nov 1, 2016
Rhead elbowed barton in the face early on in the game he was bound to try and get his own back before the end of the game pathetic as it was

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
a week is a long time in football! Thought we'd earned the club some credit with our performance against Chelsea and perhaps won a few neutrals over.

Having been on the Clarets forums the only positive is that he's been roundly criticised and the concensus seemas to be for him to leave the club. It does represent a big test for Dyche, he's previously railed against players diving etc. As much as Joey gives us (and has done in the past) this has certainly crossed the line with many of the fans, the post match tweets merely underline that he cannot he helped. It might mean our midfield is a bit sparse with Defour and Marney being injured but I hope he drops him and we don't see him in a Claret shirt again.

Btw - good win for your lot. Won't jinx you just yet, Huddersfield's replay can only help as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When is his betting charges going to be heard? Why is it taking the FA so long could they not have arranged a hearing within 7 or 14 days of his request for a hearing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here