Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Pocognoli looked like he tweaked his groin at the end. Is rosenior ready ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Played with much more conviction today, well deserved result

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, you mentioned a blip. You can't say a blip and include all 32 games, just as you can't say a blip and ignore the poor results that were the whole point of the blip. Fortunately today's result basically ends the blip.

We now have to support Reading on Tuesday.

In my opinion it was fairest to judge from when we got our first team (Baldock and Stephens) back. Since then it's

Win
Draw
Win

We're on track.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Someone said they're in the middle of a 5 week run of Tuesday & saturday matches.. Guess this could push that run to 6??

Good luck to them if they manage to keep getting results..

The only midweek they have free before the next International break is Tuesday 14th March but that would have them playing Tuesday and Friday that week and I think they'd want to avoid that even with a break straight afterwards.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My son is at a cricket event in Barnsley at the moment and he's just seen Dickie Bird who apparently said he was "going t'match later".

So, sorry Dickie, you're famous for shedding a tear or two and that's going to continue today as Albion SMASH your boys and send you home to weep into your pint of mild.

Wish I'd been there myself to tell him actually.
65e814dc0e3c05951b2f88b45d4cc1a2.jpg

[emoji1]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The ignorance of other clubs' fans. They see the headline 'losses' and assume the club is being put in jeopardy without looking beyond the tabloid shit they get their jnformation from.

Bloom runs BHA with an annual operating loss (met from his own funds, not from banks or by putting third party suppliers at jeopardy), at a level fully compliant with Financial Fair Play rules.

Despite also having rich owners, the Companies House website reveals that many other clubs such as Huddersfield and Middlesbrough are doing exactly the same despite tiny gate receipts compared to us.

Some clubs have gone way beyond that with huge 'illegal' losses to gain PL promotion - QPR, Leicester and probably Middlesbrough for season 2015/16 when they publish those results soon.

The Albion abide by the rules and are just one of many clubs in the Championship subsidised generously by the owner.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]833012865720315906[/tweet]

Sour grapes or not, it's the uneducated twats who see a headline (round it up) and don't understand the whole picture that annoys me. In terms of money spent on players the last few seasons we're mid-table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here