Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England u16 1 Spain u16 5.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Played at Leek Town last night and a serious contrast in styles of play from both sides. England u16 and u17 sides have played several games at Harrison Park over the last 12 months and once again the England style of play is so depressing and predictable a style that we see in the senior first team,slow,three touchs to control the ball,knocking it back inside and it,s sad to say (or maybe it isn't) that the Spainish side last night were so much the opposite fast free flowing often one touch football cutting through England time and time again and have to say very good to watch and as to the finishing quite simply stunning. One can't really blame the English players as they have to told to play this way,however looking at the raw ability of the players it,s doubtful whether they could play any other way ? Yet as more clubs poor money into youth football for me the standard seems to fall rather than improve. Watching England last night was Iceland all over again,but was that ever really a shock when you look at the standard of English player and playing style ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Played at Leek Town last night and a serious contrast in styles of play from both sides. England u16 and u17 sides have played several games at Harrison Park over the last 12 months and once again the England style of play is so depressing and predictable a style that we see in the senior first team,slow,three touchs to control the ball,knocking it back inside and it,s sad to say (or maybe it isn't) that the Spainish side last night were so much the opposite fast free flowing often one touch football cutting through England time and time again and have to say very good to watch and as to the finishing quite simply stunning. One can't really blame the English players as they have to told to play this way,however looking at the raw ability of the players it,s doubtful whether they could play any other way ? Yet as more clubs poor money into youth football for me the standard seems to fall rather than improve. Watching England last night was Iceland all over again,but was that ever really a shock when you look at the standard of English player and playing style ?

Albion's Danny Cashman was a sub (although I don't think he came on).

He did start against Finland on Wednesday and scored a goal in a 4-0 win. The final match is against Italy on Sunday.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Quite something to think about, I had always though England do particularly well at this level, we tend to tap into decent yet oversized players which will invariabley deliver results at such a young age group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here