Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion: an away thread

Do you think an 'away thread' would work?

• Yes, sounds good, Do it.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Yes, but...<please state the but>

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • No, stupid idea <please state why>

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Plenty are missing the point here. Bozza has suggested an away thread where anti BHA banter can be thrown back and forth, not banning all away fans to that thread. That is why I voted yes as i think it is a good idea. Plenty of other fans post on other threads with no bother, and there was no suggestion to change this, unless I'm misunderstanding it, which is quite possible !! Maybe just a Palace/Brighton thread, as fans of other clubs mostly seem decent sorts that post on here, bar a few Boro tw*ts at the end of last season

Keep things as they are. Take each post on its merits. If there's a need to moderate anything that is posted, it's pretty obvious. Hard and fast "rules" will only result in complaints that "we" are not moderating things properly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Keep things how they are

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I voted no, I don't think it is a stupid idea. I think things work fine as it is. Same rule for everyone if you are polite decent and can have a discussion without resorting to abuse and insults then you are welcome, if not you will be banned , temporary or permanently. Doesn't matter who you support IMHO, treat everyone the same.

I prefer our multi cultural (club) ideology than some apartite divided state. 20 years since fans united, lets keep it that way.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Plenty are missing the point here. Bozza has suggested an away thread where anti BHA banter can be thrown back and forth, not banning all away fans to that thread. That is why I voted yes as i think it is a good idea. Plenty of other fans post on other threads with no bother, and there was no suggestion to change this, unless I'm misunderstanding it, which is quite possible !! Maybe just a Palace/Brighton thread, as fans of other clubs mostly seem decent sorts that post on here, bar a few Boro tw*ts at the end of last season

There are the occasional anti Brighton threads and i assume some people enjoy them and so be it. It seems to me that most of the anti Brighton rhetoric is posted on threads about other clubs. Does this mean that we will move all those threads onto the Big Bad Brighton thread?

My other worry would be that such a thread would just encourage more anti Brighton nonsense. I think we should leave it organic and let threads appear as they will. To me it is all part of the big game build up/fall out. What football is all about IMHO.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Leave as is I say.
If members cannot see when a troll is laying bait then that is their issue.
This place is one of, if not the best football/general chat forums available.
Do we really need to place banter in just one thread?
This new term 'snowflake' springs to mind if some of you struggle to tolerate a few wind up merchant keyboard warriors.
I love it here as is. It's all good fun.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ain't broke...

It's funny reading Brighton fans get agitated by a few words, some of which can be true, that they don't want to read.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
F*ck sake man, your posters have been calling for this for years, why has it taken you so long to come to this? Are you Blair in disguise?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need a thread or subforum but only for the away idiots, not for most away fans.

Just need to keep goons like that returning makh and the paddy and all seaside's different accounts in their own restricted area.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
System not broken therefore does not need fixing...

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.

Really? I know the poll ain't showing it, but seriously? Do you not get pissed off with Palace sticking their arses on our threads?

Sorry I just picked you two out of the latest. Even in a minority I still think the Palarse lot should be thrown aside.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Really? I know the poll ain't showing it, but seriously? Do you not get pissed off with Palace sticking their arses on our threads?

Sorry I just picked you two out of the latest. Even in a minority I still think the Palarse lot should be thrown aside.

Nope, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Can be good to read other fans views sometimes, and if they were stuck away in another section I doubt I would ever go there. I rarely go anywhere on this site other than "The Big Board"

If an oppo fan is being a knob jockey I just ignore them, pretty much the same as I would any poster whoever they support.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Just seems a bit "elitist" having a separate thread for non-Albion fans to contribute on. Better to keep the system that we have at present. "Trolls" usually get outed fairly quickly and it also helps keep banter going. Which I thought was part of the purpose of having a forum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here