Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion: an away thread

Do you think an 'away thread' would work?

• Yes, sounds good, Do it.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Yes, but...<please state the but>

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • No, stupid idea <please state why>

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Over 23,000 members , but as of now only 83 have bothered to vote.

Is this the result of what happens when most readers and posters know full well that the Moderators will do what they want. No matter what the members think or voted for in the past.

Apaththy evolves when the 'Gods' are really just amusing us and not listening.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Is this the result of what happens when most readers and posters know full well that the Moderators will do what they want. No matter what the members think or voted for in the past.

On tapatalk you don't even know that a thread is a poll, let alone have the ability to vote in it !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Again - really interested in the years old campaign of sneering you've been undertaking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Jesus wept.

whoops..........i'll go re read the opening post again :ffsparr:
EDIT:

Done- i for one am all for keeping the same but to appease some of our snowflakes from melting perhaps we could have an away thread....2nd thoughts never.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Again - really interested in the years old campaign of sneering you've been undertaking.

I,ll apologise if you think it's "sneering". It really isn't.

It is however a "years old campaign" of frustratation and of course my inability to understand why posters want to be ridiculed by opposing fans on our own football club forum.....particularly after important losses etc etc etc....( and that happens quite a lot in football). I don't understand the masochistic tendencies of those who do.

There are less than a handfull of decent away posters who add anything positive to this forum. The overwhelming majority, pop in...insult...and run away when their own team falls flat on their face. What pleasure do our posters and readers get out of that ???

Those who are desperate to be insulted can surely go on our rivals forums and read the insults to their hearts content ?

i have no wish to fall out with you Bozza...or any of your moderators. There is no questiopn that overall, you all not only do a good job on this forum but it is voluntary as well. I just don't agree with all your views.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Voted 'No' but wouldn't go so far as to say it's a stupid idea. Just an unnecessary one, as is the idea of an away end.

It's the same as any form of social media / forum / whatever: some people will be tossers and it's up to you to decide if you want to engage them. The internet is what you make of it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What are these 'snowflakes' people speak of ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is something I've been thinking about for a while to try and find a middle ground between what we currently have (anyone can post anywhere, within reason) and the 'away end' that a handful of people request periodically, and some other sites have.

I don't want an away end. I don't like the idea that people who take the trouble of registering with NSC (and most of them are decent) are shunted to a quiet corner of the site as soon as their colours are revealed. Why should they not be able to chip in with the large number of discussions here that have absolutely nothing to do with football at all?

So, my suggestion is an 'away thread', or anti-Albion banter thread - call it what you will. This will be a thread where opposing fans can have a pop at the Albion, and those who have an interest in engaging can have a go back. If you have no interest in such discussions, just never open the thread. Just don't do it. There will be nothing for you there.

Opposing fans who use other threads to take the piss, will:

1. Have those post(s) moved into the 'away thread'.
2. Be excluded from the thread they posted in.
3. Be warned. Multiple warnings will lead to bans, first temporary and then permanently from NSC.
"No, stupid idea <please state why"

Because I like having away fans posting here. Most from other clubs (Palace excluded) are decent and give perspective. A few Palace fans are decent too, and I don't even mind the few muppets we have posting here. It gives me the chance to take the piss out of them, 'cos I'm sure as hell not posting on their site (although I don't think we're allowed to do that anyway).

The exceptions:
I agree with NSC's decision to limit the posts following the playoff defeat, and the same may be appropriate if we miss out this year. Some of us will be a little sensitive.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If there was one I would never see it as no interest, so I'm not especially fussed.

Never really noticed any problems with the current set-up and on here every day pretty much but if others have a problem then

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I like NSC just as it is. I've even managed to get over the demise of NSC Classic.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Voted no, really can't see the problem with them, very easy to put in their place.

Might change my mind if we reach the premier league and get a whole new breed of numptys show up though.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
"No, stupid idea <please state why"

Because I like having away fans posting here. Most from other clubs (Palace excluded) are decent and give perspective. A few Palace fans are decent too, and I don't even mind the few muppets we have posting here. It gives me the chance to take the piss out of them, 'cos I'm sure as hell not posting on their site (although I don't think we're allowed to do that anyway).

The exceptions:
I agree with NSC's decision to limit the posts following the playoff defeat, and the same may be appropriate if we miss out this year. Some of us will be a little sensitive.

This.

I voted no as I don't think a designated area for toxic dickheads is needed, it will only attract more. Most of our pet Palarse Trolls seem to keep us amused and regularly pop up on random threads for a quick drivel. Everyone has an ignore option. I prefer good moderation:thumbsup: to segregated areas for window lickers, it's more inclusive.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Voted no, really can't see the problem with them, very easy to put in their place.

Might change my mind if we reach the premier league and get a whole new breed of numptys show up though.

I have never given that a thought,best start a thread about it now to warn the snowflakes

mind you as an BBC 606 forum veteran,it would be like the old days for me.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've not seen a better footie forum than NSC. You don't need to change it in my opinion. I like accidentally arriving at the main forum bit, at 2:17 on a Wednesday morning and seeing 'Big Board - 437 viewing'. Fking fantastic forum, massive bonus that it's about such a great club :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here