Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Akpom

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bearing in mind the way our away games have started recently, I'd actually start Akpom as the lone forward in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Sitwell sitting behind Stephens and Kayal or Norwood. We simply have to be more solid. Starting the second half two goals down isn't the way forward. Tell Akpom to run himself into the ground and tire out their central defenders then bring on Murray and Baldock on the hour.
    This isn't a bad idea at all. I do think Norwood is far more suited to a midfield three as well, and agree with Icy that we do need to try and get a clean sheet, which we haven't done since that Cardiff game, which is our only Championship clean sheet in 2017.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Bearing in mind the way our away games have started recently, I'd actually start Akpom as the lone forward in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Sidwell sitting behind Stephens and Kayal or Norwood. We simply have to be more solid. Starting the second half two goals down isn't the way forward. Tell Akpom to run himself into the ground and tire out their central defenders then bring on Murray and Baldock on the hour.
      Good shout but it won't happen as in that formation Murray or Hemed are nailed on for the lone striker role. I do like the idea of the formation switch with about 30 mins left though. You are definitely on to something but I really can't see it happening
      Pretentious,moi?

0 Not allowed!
      Bearing in mind the way our away games have started recently, I'd actually start Akpom as the lone forward in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Sidwell sitting behind Stephens and Kayal or Norwood. We simply have to be more solid. Starting the second half two goals down isn't the way forward. Tell Akpom to run himself into the ground and tire out their central defenders then bring on Murray and Baldock on the hour.
      That is absolutely ridiculous.

Akpom start up front on his own. The boy has nothing and won't play Championship football again after leaving us. Nowhere near professional football standards but you want him to start alone up front, ahead of Murray and Hemed.

You should be banned for that post.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean South Stand View Post
      That is absolutely ridiculous.

Akpom start up front on his own. The boy has nothing and won't play Championship football again after leaving us. Nowhere near professional football standards but you want him to start alone up front, ahead of Murray and Hemed.

You should be banned for that post.
      Haha. And how many minutes has Akpom played?! Nothing like writing somone off, is there? What a dick.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Technocrat

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Funny how we see games differently
      Indeed!

I think he had a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde game, there wasn't much that came off for him but I thought he worked his socks off and was involved whenever we looked dangerous. I haven't watched the highlights but I think I'll take a look as a few of our players look similar from the North, especially after a couple of beers!

0 Not allowed!
      Early days ..........wins it tomorrow will be hero !!!

0 Not allowed!
      No idea what the poker analogy means and yes, Murray is having a lean spell, but start with Akpom? We've been sold a pup here as we're just getting him fit to go back to Arsenal. Tbh he looks raw, the sort of promising player who might blossom in League One and come good higher up later. But I don't think he should have the weight on his shoulders of trying to make a difference in our situation.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

1 Not allowed!
      In what I have seen so far I think he makes clever runs, just needs march sharpness for me.

If Baldock remains fit however he will only be getting 20 mins here and there
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kentgully View Post
      Think we should start with him tomorrow...... unknown quantity to how we play at the mo.
      We are getting to the business end of the season.
      We need tried and tested players in the starting eleven.

0 Not allowed!
      I'd save Baldock for next week, give him a rest and keep him uninjured for Reading so start Akpom tomorrow and see what he can do