Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday night Frau's away Home Alone Drinking Thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They do have a low key sign, and some places do sell it as well as other brands.
The place where I get my grass up near the TV Tower has Pilsner sign outside, but serve Gambrinus as well, but it seems that Staro are slowly taking over. Mainly as its the cheapest to buy for the bar.
Next time, I will take better care of you !

Looking forward to it already mate :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Been on a 'team building day' and about 6 pints deep after being in a pub in Kings Cross since 12. Mainly drank the Hammerton Brewery 'N1' Session Pale Ale. Decent drop. Now home to a curry maybe a glass or 2 of red wine before no doubt crashing out at 11

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mrs got some Monkey 47 gin delivered today. We've just had a double with Fever Tree tonic, ice and a sliver of lime. Will then be moving on to some bog standard Dark Horse Cab Sav from Tescos.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Cloudy lemonade and maybe a mug of tea.

48 days dry and counting...

I did 3 months a few years ago as I had a dodgy blood count in my liver but it turned out to be nothing at all. Didn't really miss it after a while but went straight back on it after the curfew. Not sure I could do it unless on medical grounds but I do now restrict myself to Friday through Sunday. The weekdays are easily taken care of now by drinking Becks Blue 0% which is just like drinking beer without drinking beer even though I rarely drink real lager these days.

I digress, as tonight I have started with a Cornish Knocker

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
One more glass of 40168_p.jpg, Only Connect then beddy bye-byes. Up at 6.30 for Barnsley.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be rude not to, a bottle of white then the trek up north for the groovy gang tomorrow and meeting the youngest at Sheffield, happy days

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
A Scheurebe (a cracking grape variety, popular in and from the current land of HT, which tastes of citrus fruits like grapefruit and tangerine) with Asian tuna-balls, followed by a 2004 Ladoix with some cheese.
Very niche choices there...red or white Ladoix and who's the producer?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Got an abscess (sp) under a tooth implant. Very strong painkillers coupled with some "non-alcohol" antibiotics are making for a trying evening. Girlfriend in NZ as well so nothing to take my mind off my gob. We'd bloody better well win tomorrow.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Got an abscess (sp) under a tooth implant. Very strong painkillers coupled with some "non-alcohol" antibiotics are making for a trying evening. Girlfriend in NZ as well so nothing to take my mind off my gob. We'd bloody better well win tomorrow.

I'm surprised she's still your girlfriend after not pulling through on Valentine's night

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very niche choices there...red or white Ladoix and who's the producer?

I got the Ladoix from Butler's, whose shop is nicely positioned right up the top of my road. He, in turn, got it from someone who had died, and got a range of aged Burgundies for very decent prices. The original cellar obviously had good humidity, which means that the labels have worn down, so can't see immediately, but if you have a look at Butler's website, you should be able to track it down. There's still a fair bit of stock left from that cellar.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cloudy lemonade and maybe a mug of tea.

48 days dry and counting...

Well done, er ..... I think??? I may have missed the rationale for this but I hope your abstinence is achieving what you hoped for?? Haven't seen you around recently to ask but I guess that's because your so thin now that you've become invisible!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Mrs is away and you're staying in? ???

I was implying I was home alone at the weekend. I did indeed go out on Friday night. I'm still paying for it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here