Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Skellern RIP

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is the song I always remember him for. I quite liked it at the time. I don't think the same could be said for the audience in the background though who seem very unengaged. Some are walking out mid song and others seem distracted by something going on above their heads before they start to rummage around for their cigarette packets and light up.
I seem to remember Skellern also did some cover versions of some old classics like "Love is the Sweetest Thing" and also an album in the same vein dedicated to Fred Astaire

https://youtu.be/ihYHTIwISV0

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
R.I.P. Peter.
Loved 'You're A Lady'. Happy memories of a girlfriend back in '72.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is the song I always remember him for. I quite liked it at the time. I don't think the same could be said for the audience in the background though who seem very unengaged. Some are walking out mid song and others seem distracted by something going on above their heads before they start to rummage around for their cigarette packets and light up.

Good spot. Made me laugh. Great song. RIP.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That is really sad, You're a Woman is one of my all time favourite tracks. His version of She was good to. I have an album of his, Sentimentally Yours.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I seem to remember Skellern also did some cover versions of some old classics like "Love is the Sweetest Thing" and also an album in the same vein dedicated to Fred Astaire

https://youtu.be/ihYHTIwISV0

Yes my wife has the Fred Astaire covers album.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Not bothered about his singing but I do remember him playing Carter Brandon in the radio adaptation of I Didn't Know You Cared. Which was absolutely hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here