Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More than one nation to host the World Cup.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So Fifa president Gianni Infantino likes the idea of more than one country hosting the world cup ? So come on the FA,s of England,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales give it a go. :drink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So Fifa president Gianni Infantino likes the idea of more than one country hosting the world cup ? So come on the FA,s of England,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales give it a go. :drink:

We haven't got anywhere near enough bribe money to get a World Cup any time soon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looking forward to UAE/Oman 2026

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I thought the joint Japan/South Korea World Cup worked quite well, although I'd hope it'd be on the same landmass if they did it again.

Oct 25, 2003
I don't think it's a dreadful idea- Japan & South Korea was brilliant and it's generally been fine in the Euro's. I think there's a very limited amount of countries that are capable of hosting a world cup solo without almost bankrupting their nation. What I'm not keen on is this becoming a method used by shit teams in order to qualify for tournaments. A shit host nation team is never good for a tournament.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They've made it so big now that it probably just needs to rotate around the federations or there will only be a few countries capable of hosting it anyway.

Like all "elite" football, it's just eating itself now and I find myself losing interest in the big competitions.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Islamic Caliphate and Iraq.

Not sure whicch country would headline the final. A few public beheadings at half time to entertain the crowds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here