Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Albion mamager?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ha ha ha ha sadly the Granddad bit is spot on mate! our eldest (Grandchild) is 20 today :) I know.......I just don't look old enough :lol: (I trust you and the family are all well mate :thumbsup: )
You must have started young!

Yeah all well apart from a sickness bug. :sick:

D

Deleted member 2719

Played 26, W6 D10 L10. Took us to the 4th round of the League cup. Hinsh lost 10 in a row, after 1 win and 1 draw.

Don't forget Bobby Zamora was injured for most of Hinsh reign, when we were pretty much a one man team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Here are some Stats they seem to think Hinsh's spell didn't count.

Case did not fair to well, but because he was a player people will be to scared to admit he wasn't much of a manager.

Attachments

• 2017-02-16 (2).png
    2017-02-16 (2).png
    53.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2017-02-16 (1).png
    2017-02-16 (1).png
    73.3 KB · Views: 167

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
You must have started young!

Yeah all well apart from a sickness bug. :sick:

Yeah we have had / still have --- the dreaded "country wide" lurgy! I've had mine for 3 weeks now, on anti biotics still cant get rid!! Take care and lets hope The Albions results make you feel better! Rose said Hello :wave: take care mate :thumbsup: Ps.....we did start young!! I was 6 and she was 3...young love I guess!! :lol: :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Have to say Barry Llyods football was some of the most boring football I remember always sidewards play, how we got to playoff I dont know

Really even though we had Walker and Robinson on the wings with Byrne and Small linking up.
I enjoyed it personally and the nearest we have been to hitting the big league.

If Lloyd had had the dollar that CH has had, who knows what would have happened.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Think it's unfair on Hinsh, practically no notice, a squad that was in Division 3 18 months earlier against some massive clubs with no budget and resources.
But 11 straight defeats condemned us to go down before we had started. He may have done his best with a bad job, but he wasn't any good at it.

We have had plenty of turkeys - the second coming of Mullery wasn't a great success, almost on the lines of Adams Mk 2. I have consigned Wood to a dark corner of my memory. At least Case tried even though he didn't have a clue (or any players).

But Hyypia could shade it for the way he turned a winning team into a dogs dinner.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Absolutely Hinshelwood for me. Useless youth scout. After the first game of the season as manager when we beat Burnley he said something ridiculous along the lines of "people are tipping us to struggle but I know we're aiming for the play offs" One draw and 10 losses later...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sami based on what resources he had. Took a squad that had made the playoffs two years running and made them relegation candidates.

But recruitment policy was shit (all those loanees). Its Hinch and Wood tied for me. Both had horrible long sequences of defeats. Embarrassing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Frank Scott-Walford yet!

Not a clue, completely misused the inside forwards.

D

Deleted member 2719

Absolutely Hinshelwood for me. Useless youth scout. After the first game of the season as manager when we beat Burnley he said something ridiculous along the lines of "people are tipping us to struggle but I know we're aiming for the play offs" One draw and 10 losses later...

As I said earlier in the thread, he did not have Zamora, our man on fire, he did have him for Burnley, who was going to score the goals??? He was probably unluckiest manager.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I only saw a couple of Sami's games (fortunately) but I'm surpised nobody's nominated Barry Lloyd.

OK he got us to the playoff final (where we didn't turn up) but he was a very poor manager. I have this on good authority from the writers for Gulls Eye.

And they were right.

Don't talk shit Lloyd did very well for us :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here