Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. #11
    Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BN1 9BL
    Posts
    30,493


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sami based on what resources he had. Took a squad that had made the playoffs two years running and made them relegation candidates.
    Played 26, W6 D10 L10. Took us to the 4th round of the League cup. Hinsh lost 10 in a row, after 1 win and 1 draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      5,799


      1 Not allowed!
      As a proud wee wee in the bed man, Sami.

      His losing run at Bayern Leverkeusen before coming here and getting Zurich relegated afterwards should be included in his uselessness.
      Last edited by knocky1; 16-02-2017 at 09:31.
    • #13
      Objective but passionate
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,417


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So who do you think is the worst manager that the club has had? .
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Either Jeff Wood or the second coming of Micky Adams..
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Martin Hinshelwood.
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sadly, Jimmy Case. An absolute legend as a player, but his, er, personal problems meant he was seldom on top of the job of manager.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a two-way tie between Sami and Jimmy.

      On balance I'd say Sami edges it. He had everything at his disposal and didn't deliver. Jimmy on the other had, whilst not very good, was working for a clown and trying to do a job in a poisonous environment.
      All valid shouts, and a pretty compelling case for Sami.

      Personally, I'd go for Mickey Adams II. His tactics were SO bizarre, his team selections SO mental, that it was almost like he was TRYING to lose.
      Stand or Fall
    • #14
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      12,686


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sami based on what resources he had. Took a squad that had made the playoffs two years running and made them relegation candidates.
      Well put
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #15
      Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      LOONEY BIN
      Posts
      34,291


      0 Not allowed!
      I can't say TINSELHEAD as he had to LISTEN to Dick TIGHT thinking he WAS Bob Paisley every day, the same with the LARDY Jocko CLOWN Magoo. If we don't go UP this season then for me it will have to be Chris Hughton
    • #16
      Objective but passionate
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      1,417


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I can't say TINSELHEAD as he had to LISTEN to Dick TIGHT thinking he WAS Bob Paisley every day, the same with the LARDY Jocko CLOWN Magoo. If we don't go UP this season then for me it will have to be Chris Hughton
      Did you notice how 'Magoo' got on last night, @Ernest ?
      Stand or Fall
    • #17
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      1,279


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sami based on what resources he had. Took a squad that had made the playoffs two years running and made them relegation candidates.
      I would say this. The only redeeming feature for him was that he resigned rather than take us further into the mire.
    • #18
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Ruislip
      Posts
      9,993


      0 Not allowed!
      Sami
      Football is so beautiful because underdogs are able to achieve good results against giants. Regardless of what others say about our team, there’s always a chance. If you are able to take the pressure away from the team, sensations can happen. I have confidence in this Albion team
    • #19
      Members banjo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Deep south
      Posts
      6,686


      3 Not allowed!
      Name:  IMG_0592.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  16.8 KB
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"
    • #20

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sami based on what resources he had. Took a squad that had made the playoffs two years running and made them relegation candidates.
      I have to agree.

      Also, and I'm not saying Hinshelwood was a good appointment, but contrasting his to Sami's, Hinshelwood did get shafted slightly. Dick Knight went on a summer holiday, the appointment was held back, and Hinshelwood got drafted in just before the season kicked off as a sort of "he'll do", but with no time to bring anyone in or have a proper pre season. Sami did, as you say, have a lot going for him in terms of the resources and time to plan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •