Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wenger,wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When pissproof recording devices have been invented.

We could make Arsenal fans look like rank amateurs.

It's the same with all fans.

The Norwich Fan TV is good but the bloke was calling for Neil's head after they'd lost 2 games, calling for CEO out (which they got), calling for Delia to sell to chinese investors etc.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Arsenal fans TV is brilliant - that Claude bloke is a walking stroke

I don't understand how you can get THAT angry over football.

As for Wenger, he is not really the problem, unless they spend the money on the top top players they won't win the league - The Sanchez contract renewal shouldn't even be an issue if they want to win the league.

Ozil is massively overrated as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their failure has been mostly due to trying to run their club in a sustainable manner, you just aren't allowed to do this in English football
Are they not making a very healthy profit each year? If they were just breaking even or making a modest profit, they'd be challenging for titles.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are they not making a very healthy profit each year? If they were just breaking even or making a modest profit, they'd be challenging for titles.

Think the owners realise Wenger isn't just a good manager but he's a great businessman. Returns profit and CL football, year in year out. For anyone wanting shareholder return they are the model club

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think the owners realise Wenger isn't just a good manager but he's a great businessman. Returns profit and CL football, year in year out. For anyone wanting shareholder return they are the model club
Agreed. But I think they could run a sustainable model and win a title by making a little less profit. That's not what they want though, they just want the biggest profit they can get.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arsenal have a very long tradition of not sacking managers. Seems strangely old-fashioned now, and has probably worked to their detriment in the past decade or so. On the pitch at least. Off the pitch, plenty of mugs happy to pay a grand a game for hospitality.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Wenger has settled on a top 4 finish and last 16 as success. This is in no doubt driven by the owners who have maximised the revenue but have someone in charge who doesn't want to spunk £30 million on some striker who will probably end up in jail or snorting coke off some brass.

Whilst I believe Arsenal will probably go backwards in the short term after he leaves (because they will install the wrong manager as they always do), this isn't in the same league as Man U. Ferguson might have been a grade A Mike Hunt but he somehow got Nani to perform like he was Ronaldo at times. Even Ji Sung Park looked like he was good. Wenger has encouraged a culture of mediocrity and everyone knows that top 4 and getting tonked by Bayern will do. Shame he is outstaying his welcome.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As a business Arsenal are utterly brilliant, they will never sack Arsene unless he stops getting them in the top 4.

Actual success though, cups and titles etc isn't good enough, I think he'll go this summer and I think he should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here