Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could heading a football ever be banned ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is Duffey nails? Yes.

Did he look confused about what planet he was on after getting a ball in the face vs birmingham (or was it Wednesday?)? Yes.

Is this likely to cause long term damage? Yes.

Will heading be banned? Possibly but unlikely.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I hope not, otherwise we wouldn't get sublime goals like Murray's vs Burton! But fully appreciate the need for the issue to be looked at.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
So you clearly know better than the highly qualified doctors and physios that treat players on and off the pitch, as they obviously missed the obvious concussion you refer to.

As for the subs for head injuries, we all know where that led to in rugby with the "blood gate" saga. Teams could easily take advantage and sub players tactically for a head "injury".

sadly this is already present. I've seen players go down clutching their heads/faces when there had been no contact in that area. Particularly evident in teams who are defending.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When they come up with figures showing how many of the old ladies who suffer or died from dementia, played in central defence or striker in their teens and twenties, I might agree there could be something in it.
They do have figures now that women are at greater risk than men to get the illness, So what sport did they play to bring this on?

It could be argued that women do much more "heading" than men generally do. :ohmy:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
So you clearly know better than the highly qualified doctors and physios that treat players on and off the pitch, as they obviously missed the obvious concussion you refer to.

As for the subs for head injuries, we all know where that led to in rugby with the "blood gate" saga. Teams could easily take advantage and sub players tactically for a head "injury".

They are not independent though.

Mick McCarthy would be saying "I've had loads of those when I was a player - just strap it up and he will be ok."

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I spent twenty two years heading the ball as a no 9 - then as a no 5 from div 14 - div 3 in the Sussex Sunday League:eek:
Most of NSC posters would agree I am still completely compass mental :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I spent twenty two years heading the ball as a no 9 - then as a no 5 from div 14 - div 3 in the Sussex Sunday League:eek:
Most of NSC posters would agree I am still completely compass mental :moo:

No never:rolleyes:
But I would change the word div to something more complimentary :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here