Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia's Hooligan Army.

Jan 30, 2008
to put this thread to bed every dog has it's day, when England were going proper most of this lot weren't about AND JUST COPY WHAT THEY MISSED OUT ON ,what I would find concerning is the collaboration between these Groups and the Authorities in Moscow, Gorky park in Poland was an insight into Eastern block Hooliganism for England and that's going back a few years???
regards
DR

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
to put this thread to bed every dog has it's day, when England were going proper most of this lot weren't about AND JUST COPY WHAT THEY MISSED OUT ON ,what I would find concerning is the collaboration between these Groups and the Authorities in Moscow, Gorky park in Poland was an insight into Eastern block Hooliganism for England and that's going back a few years???
regards
DR

Poland?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have to agree with ppf for once. The scary thing isn't necessarily the nutters, it's that the state at best turn a blind eye and at worst actively encourage and support them. I'd give this tournament a swerve.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Have to agree with ppf for once. The scary thing isn't necessarily the nutters, it's that the state at best turn a blind eye and at worst actively encourage and support them. I'd give this tournament a swerve.

It certainly won't be a trip for the happy, clappy scarfers and the families and I doubt the band will turn up unless they want their drum inserted somewhere that would make their eyes water

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

found the link to the broader move to re-define, or rediscover the link to what being a Russian man is all about fascinating. A move led and modelled by Putin.. I am just hoping that the need for Russia to shine as a venue for global sporting tournaments, is big enough to drive the apparently recent, increased efforts to clamp down on hooliganism even further.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
found the link to the broader move to re-define, or rediscover the link to what being a Russian man is all about fascinating. A move led and modelled by Putin.. I am just hoping that the need for Russia to shine as a venue for global sporting tournaments, is big enough to drive the apparently recent, increased efforts to clamp down on hooliganism even further.

I kind of agree that it's quite an admirable thing they're doing in terms of rejecting alcohol / drugs etc, getting fit and all that. Representing what they feel a man should be. I can get on board with that. I can't get on board with the need for violence being intrinsically linked with masculinity.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I kind of agree that it's quite an admirable thing they're doing in terms of rejecting alcohol / drugs etc, getting fit and all that. Representing what they feel a man should be. I can get on board with that. I can't get on board with the need for violence being intrinsically linked with masculinity.
Don't get me wrong.. I am not supporting that as an admirable thing.. just interesting to see how literally the idea of depicting the leader as a "masculine" role-model has filtered down and appears to have influenced this generation of hooligans..

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don't get me wrong.. I am not supporting that as an admirable thing.. just interesting to see how literally the idea of depicting the leader as a "masculine" role-model has filtered down and appears to have influenced this generation of hooligans..

Oh totally, I think I phrased my response badly :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's videos of those fights in the forests of women only, what chance you got when the effing women are at it too?!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The official Russian response to last nights documentary - https://www.rt.com/sport/377667-russia-football-fans-embassy/

One thing I do recall reading in the paper at the time of Marseille, which wasn't mentioned last night, was that the British Embassy in Moscow had apparently informed the Foreign Office here that a lot of the Russian hooligans were actually uniformed servicemen in the Russian forces.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
People need to know that Russian thugs will not be getting arrested by their colleagues in police uniforms, but will instead be getting cash bonuses from above.

Pure madness to go.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've said for years , f*** ISIS it's the Russians we need to worry about

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Made me laugh that they looked up to the English and wanted to emulate them.

Pre ruck routine:

English = 10 pints and a Henry in the boozer.

Russians = crayfish and fruit tea in a sauna.

...and locally caught crayfish at that.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
It certainly won't be a trip for the happy, clappy scarfers and the families and I doubt the band will turn up unless they want their drum inserted somewhere that would make their eyes water

To be fair, the majority of the so-called "Pukka-pies Barmy Army" (as far as I know) are Sheffield Wednesday:lol: fans, and thus, as quite a few Massive supporters tend to have their heads stuck up their arses, there shouldn't be any room to stick the drum:wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here