Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Required

Hi Guys

I'm hoping the generous members of NSC might be able to help. I'm a STH in the East Upper having followed the Albion since my misspent youth in the original North Stand! Just before Christmas I was rushed into intensive care at Yeovil District Hospital suffering Kidney Failure and Severe Anemia, after days of tests I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a form of blood cancer. Only 1% of the population have my condition under the age of 40, so as a normally healthy 36 yr old this came as quite a shock.

But I'm not asking for help for myself. Over the last 3 months as I've been undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy and a spinal operation I've been supported throughout by the MacMillan Cancer Support Staff both in Yeovil and Taunton. Whether its been the nurses who administer my treatment, the facilities and information they provide or the volunteers who are on hand to offer a cup of tea or a sandwich whilst I'm having treatment I can't emphasise what an amazing job they do.

A family friend who doesn't know my diagnosis has begun fund raising for MacMillan by having her hair chopped off for charity - the cut hair will go to a charity which makes wigs for cancer sufferers. She has set a fairly modest target of £250 however as of today 15/2/17 she has only raised £150. I'm hoping you might all be able to help with a donation to such a worthy cause. I know historically Albion fans are some of the most generous and supportive people I've ever come across.

Luckily I'm on the mend now, making it back to the Amex for the 1st time since November for Saturday's victory and looking to have a stem cell transplant to proper kick my diseases bottom in May (but after the playoff final - just in case). But there's a lot of people who aren't as fortunate as me and the MacMillan team do an amazing job and with just a few of us we could make the target goal. Please if you feel you can spare the change from a coffee, pint or Piglets Pie consider making a donation.

Thank You

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Caroline-Wilkins

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Done, very best wishes. My mum's sister suffered from Myeloma for many years, and my daughter is going into oncology nursing when she qualifies. The MacMillan nurses are unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here