Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enjoy it !

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
Fifteen more games . A chance for us to achieve a dream . As fans of this wonderful club we are so lucky to be living this time. 115 years of history and we're lucky enough to be witnessing this in a fantastic stadium with 28,000 fellow supporters . Football is not all about winning and the ethos this club has developed over the recent years has made me more proud than ever to be an Albion fan. I would love it if this turned out to be our year ; for Tony Bloom , for Matt Grimstone and Jacob Schilt and all fans past and present not lucky enough to be in the position we are. It's going to be a roller coaster of a ride - I'm not sure my nerves can cope but we should enjoy it and give the team all the backing we can and remember the fans of all the other clubs not lucky enough to support The Albion ! Come on you super Seagulls !

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
We need to show more of the spirit that we were showing a couple of months ago: the spirit that has galvanised this club after tragic events (ie. knocky's dad) and helped us win games such as fulham and sheffield wednesday. Lets not panic we just need to come through and do this together, all the fans need to properly, positively get behind our club that we love. Its going to be difficult, but we are Brighton, we do things the hard way. UTA

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Good post and very true. Look at the big picture and we haven't got a lot to grumble about!

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Fifteen more games . A chance for us to achieve a dream . As fans of this wonderful club we are so lucky to be living this time. 115 years of history and we're lucky enough to be witnessing this in a fantastic stadium with 28,000 fellow supporters . Football is not all about winning and the ethos this club has developed over the recent years has made me more proud than ever to be an Albion fan. I would love it if this turned out to be our year ; for Tony Bloom , for Matt Grimstone and Jacob Schilt and all fans past and present not lucky enough to be in the position we are. It's going to be a roller coaster of a ride - I'm not sure my nerves can cope but we should enjoy it and give the team all the backing we can and remember the fans of all the other clubs not lucky enough to support The Albion ! Come on you super Seagulls !

Well said...!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Very much this.

Nice avatar too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think we enjoyed last season, I think Hudds are enjoying this season but in both cases the teams were punching way above pre season predictions in the hope they would get to the PL but safe in the knowledge that no one really expected them to be there in the first place.

I am struggling to ENJOY this season because although we have played well and got some fantastic results I think we all know that this is our shot at the PL, if we do not make it this year then we will lose players and TB will not have the money to plough into more top class signings.

I would love to enjoy this season but it is more fueled by anxiety than enjoyment if I am being honest. If we make it though, wow what a party that will be and I am pretty sure there will be plenty of tears shed by grown men too.

Too pessimistic or realistic?

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Whatever happens we need to get behind the team. Not groaning about misplaced passes and players making mistakes.

Remember the first half against sheff wed in the playoffs. That's what the AMEX needs to be like every week from now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree with the OP's sentiments, it's just a shame that the gulf between the haves and the have-nots has become so great in football that immediate promotion is seen as being so vital.

if we do not make it this year then we will lose players and TB will not have the money to plough into more top class signings.

I don't believe this is the case, though none of us really knows. I think he has vast wealth (not that it's any of my business) and we will also have income coming in from the Ikea/housing development. Having said that I don't want him to have to keep ploughing vast sums of money into the club and I hope he doesn't have to!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I agree with the OP's sentiments, it's just a shame that the gulf between the haves and the have-nots has become so great in football that immediate promotion is seen as being so vital.

I don't believe this is the case, though none of us really knows. I think he has vast wealth (not that it's any of my business) and we will also have income coming in from the Ikea/housing development. Having said that I don't want him to have to keep ploughing vast sums of money into the club and I hope he doesn't have to!

I think if it got to the stage where we needed inward investment I think it would be pretty easy to attract suitors to our club, although I believe Bloom would keep the controlling stake. Only Bloom and the board know the road map ahead and I'm sure we are in financially safe hands.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Nicely put, you should post more often :clap:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't enjoy it, I wish I could, but I can't. Well, not currently, this obviously could change with the direction of the wind!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My first game was back in the early seventies. Been there, done that and got the T-Shirt, or foam hand in many cases.
My eldest Daughter is 33 years old and follows the Albion keenly. She has never seen success. I guess you could put that further by saying anyone born after 1977 is too young to know real success. Promotions (and relegations) but not the real big time. 40 year olds in the Amex chanting "We're top of the league" have never known Brighton as anything other than an also ran. A lower league club.
With a little push and some luck, this is their turn. When we do it, I wil shed a few tears. Some for me, some for Tony and the rest for those about to experience something new in their life.
Enjoy it !

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I can't enjoy it, I wish I could, but I can't. Well, not currently, this obviously could change with the direction of the wind!
Their are times indeed when I think many of us wish we weren't football supporters and that we didn't care so much ! But what else can give you such a range of emotions in 90 minutes from utter desperation to complete euphoria and vice versa ? ( - guess that's a topic for another thread ! ) .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here