Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NSC Confidence Test: Which position do you think we will finish in?

Which position will we finish in?

• 1st

Votes: 74 21.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 169 48.3%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 20.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • 5th

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 7th or worse

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2nd.

We have a tough run of games coming up, but so do the rest of the Top 4. Newcastle, Reading & Huddersfield all play each other by mid-March.

We then have 6 games I'd expect us to win in April. Blackburn, Wigan, Birmingham, Bristol City (H) and QPR & Wolves (A) Norwich away is the only game against a top 12 team. In contrast Huddersfield have Norwich, Preston, Derby & Fulham. Newcastle have Wednesday, Leeds & Preston. Leeds have Newcastle, Reading, Preston & Norwich. Finally Reading, who have Leeds and Norwich.

Realistically, being 3rd, 1/2 points behind 2nd on April the first wouldn't be a disaster, but there's no reason we can't start the month in the top 2 and then use April as the month where we really push on - like March the year we won L1 where we won 7/8 games on the bounce.

Quite. If we're properly nestled in the top 3 come 1st April, we'll do it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I still think we can nick top spot.

This is based on a combination of vaguely thinking that others fixtures are a little tougher than ours, even though I haven't actually looked, plus the belief that we are the good guys, and the good guys always win, in the end, don't they?

This is based on a combination of drink and drugs! :lol: :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not willing to vote but my confidence is totally shot much like the team's appears to be :down:

TOO MANY poor performances recently, too many to be just a glitch imo.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Newcastle and us are having a bit of a wobble.
Huddersfield are having a hot streak.
All of these situations could continue for the rest of the season but are unlikely to.

Huddersfield have a very similar run of games to us.
Newcastle's is considerably harder.

Having taken this into consideration,
I have plumped for 1st.

This is based on the similarities with last year.

I think we have the experience now to cope with the run in better, We are well placed and in Hughton have a manager who knows what is required. I expect the experience of last year and a reasonable run in, will enable us to manage each situation as it comes and get the points needed....Similar to Burnley last year.
Newcastle have the best squad and are firm favourites. I think their wobble will continue all season, but their superior squad will see of the upstarts pushing for third.... Boro
Huddersfield, find themselves unexpectedly in the mix and are playing out of their skins. A strong sense of togetherness is a big part of this... Us last year

Probably wrong, but I need to cling to something to stop me joining the bed wetters.
Composure is what is needed right now
I'll go with this

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Not willing to vote but my confidence is totally shot much like the team's appears to be :down:

TOO MANY poor performances recently, too many to be just a glitch imo.

I appreciate and understand, others might feel negative comments are "Non supportive" or "Bad Fan" all that said everyone is entitled to an honest heartfelt opinion, sadly for me, due to location and work etc etc, my ability to attend many games are restricted (we probably see more away games than home) so I am reliant on TV games - highlights - Channel 5 etc etc, to a degree NSC gives me a very good and varied opinion and feeling as to how games have gone, how we are playing, I am sure there are many like me..........I actually agree with your thoughts, but probably unlike you? I don't see ALL the total performances of every game ........I am concerned on 2 points 1) are we Premier League ready? 2) have some /many results so far been a tad fortunate? I don't want to de-rail this thread, it is actually a very good thread and will be interesting to see EVERYONE'S thoughts and concerns.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I appreciate and understand, others might feel negative comments are "Non supportive" or "Bad Fan" all that said everyone is entitled to an honest heartfelt opinion, sadly for me, due to location and work etc etc, my ability to attend many games are restricted (we probably see more away games than home) so I am reliant on TV games - highlights - Channel 5 etc etc, to a degree NSC gives me a very good and varied opinion and feeling as to how games have gone, how we are playing, I am sure there are many like me..........I actually agree with your thoughts, but probably unlike you? I don't see ALL the total performances of every game ........I am concerned on 2 points 1) are we Premier League ready? 2) have some /many results so far been a tad fortunate? I don't want to de-rail this thread, it is actually a very good thread and will be interesting to see EVERYONE'S thoughts and concerns.
No
Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not really pessimistic but last night was he first time I've thought that other teams have more in their locker than we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have gone for 3rd because I think that we have lost the defensive organisation that we had when Colin Calderwood was here and we now look like we will concede goals at any time. The basis of a successful side is clean sheets and we have lost the ability to keep these. I am sure other teams have realized that we are likely to give away a goal as last night showed, a very poor goal to concede yet again.

It is obviously not the case but last night the team looked like they thought it was a foregone conclusion they were getting promoted and didnt care to put in the effort needed to win the game.

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I still think we've got enough quality to finish 2nd. Hopefully we'll have the bottle as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have gone for 3rd because I think that we have lost the defensive organisation that we had when Colin Calderwood was here and we now look like we will concede goals at any time. The basis of a successful side is clean sheets and we have lost the ability to keep these. I am sure other teams have realized that we are likely to give away a goal as last night showed, a very poor goal to concede yet again.

It is obviously not the case but last night the team looked like they thought it was a foregone conclusion they were getting promoted and didnt care to put in the effort needed to win the game.

Yes, he's taken that to Villa [emoji849]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You keep going on about Colin Calderwood affecting our results. It's nonsense.
He left in November. We have played 17 games since he left - 10 wins, 4 draws, and 3 losses, in all competitions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here