Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I think we should just focus on our games.

A few weeks ago I was being told that Leeds were the unstoppable team and we should be watching out for them.

Before that it was Reading.

Now its Huddersfield.

It's tight at the top. Let's just win 9 games.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Remember when it was Villa? :lolol:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Can't help but think of the season when Reading stormed the second half of the season and finished with over 100 points. It always astonished me that so many lazy pundits were predicting Newcastle and us as nailed on certainties for promotion after Christmas. It amazes me that people with a lifetime in the game can't see past more than the few most recent results.

You're mixing two seasons up there. 2005/06 was the 106 point season, 2011/12 was the run of 15 wins in 17 games post Christmas.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You're mixing two seasons up there. 2005/06 was the 106 point season, 2011/12 was the run of 15 wins in 17 games post Christmas.

That's a decent back catalogue you have there. :)

OK. It's the latter charge that really worries me right now.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
That's a decent back catalogue you have there. :)

OK. It's the latter charge that really worries me right now.

Huddersfield are on 10 out of 12 so far.

I really think the top 4's games against each other are going to be pivotal. Can't see Leeds or Sheffield Wed threatening but Huddersfield do look dangerous and to a lesser extent I think Reading could do something but that's much less likely. Lose against Huddersfield next Tuesday and I think that gets put to bed.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Really need them to battle for a draw on sat, then a hard replay with extra time and go out, after the lord major show effect follows..

As I have previously said, I would rather they got through and had their minds distracted by the FA Cup Quarter-Final and a possible game at Wembley. Plus, it will lead to a fixture pile-up could well hamper their progress...Hopefully.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
People are making Huddersfield sound like they are Brazil..............They are not

Their run of form is good but it's not like they are dispatching teams 4 & 5 Nil. - That 33 shots can mean anything, they could be shooting as soon as they see the slightest opening. We still have a gap and until that is eroded then the advantage is still with us

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People are making Huddersfield sound like they are Brazil..............They are not

Their run of form is good but it's not like they are dispatching teams 4 & 5 Nil. - That 33 shots can mean anything, they could be shooting as soon as they see the slightest opening. We still have a gap and until that is eroded then the advantage is still with us

To be fair they made us and Leeds look like very poor sides!

I think the final table will be Huddersfield top, us second, Newcastle, Norwich, Preston and Leeds playoffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Seven points have been eroded since we kicked off against them, you are kidding yourself if you don't see that as a very real threat. Have you seen our next three games?

They ran us completely ragged, as we did to Norwich. I am convinced that result knocked our confidence and we have looked very shakey since, Burton aside.

We need to turn it around very quickly, plenty seem to be relying on Huddersfield to falter rather than us improve.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seven points have been eroded since we kicked off against them, you are kidding yourself if you don't see that as a very real threat. Have you seen our next three games?

They ran us completely ragged, as we did to Norwich. I am convinced that result knocked our confidence and we have looked very shakey since, Burton aside.

I think Saturday will be our nemesis. If we can get anything from Barnsley it will be a big boost and I think we will push on. A loss would not be terminal, but would be a blow and a point would be ok but at least we will get something.

I know I am a boring fecker, but I think not getting a couple of decent strikers in during the window will come back to haunt us. Not impressed with the arsenal laddie but I hope I am wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Saturday will be our nemesis. If we can get anything from Barnsley it will be a big boost and I think we will push on. A loss would not be terminal, but would be a blow and a point would be ok but at least we will get something.

I know I am a boring fecker, but I think not getting a couple of decent strikers in during the window will come back to haunt us. Not impressed with the arsenal laddie but I hope I am wrong.

I'd settle for three points from our next three games, all draws, as being a good set of results given how we have been over the last month and pray that Huddersfield falter ( don't see it personally, they are on fire and scoring last minute winners when the chips are down)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here