Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
33 attempts on goal, 9 on target, its a worry. Only 4 points dropped since early December

Best hope in they draw against Man City in the Cup, pick up some injuries and get distracted

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
We need to win at the weekend, to put a bit of added pressure on their game in hand. As we know only too well, games in hand are worthless unless you win them.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
By 5:00pm on Saturday, Huddersfield will have gained a game-in-hand on us...And I imagine considering that they have just played 2 away games then this match will be at home.

We now have to beat Barnsley as the thought of the Terriers being only 4 points behind with a game-in-hand is a worrying one...Especially as the next 2 home games are going to be very difficult indeed.

I am now hoping they prolong their adventure in the FA Cup with the preferable result being that they somehow beat Man City.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
By 5:00pm on Saturday, Huddersfield will have gained a game-in-hand on us...And I imagine considering that they have just played 2 away games then this match will be at home.

We now have to beat Barnsley as the thought of the Terriers being only 4 points behind with a game-in-hand is a worrying one...Especially as the next 2 home games are going to be very difficult indeed.

I am now hoping they prolong their adventure in the FA Cup with the preferable result being that they somehow beat Man City.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA
Yes, the game in hand is at home.

The Saturday match v Reading that they would have played has been put back 3 days to Tuesday night.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

They'd be 5 behind if we draw on Saturday...

I wouldn't be unhappy with that.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

The Saturday match v Reading that they would have played has been put back 3 days to Tuesday night.

That is interesting as at least the game-in-hand is wiped out fairly swiftly and is against a fellow promotion rival.

It is still imperative that we goto Barnsley and win, which will be no easy task following their result last night.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Here's a notion, Huddersfield put all their efforts v Man City, lose and then face a Reading side who will fancy their chances of sneaking a win!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Here's a notion, Huddersfield put all their efforts v Man City, lose and then face a Reading side who will fancy their chances of sneaking a win!

And Reading put so much effort into it, that they're knackered when they play us?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is interesting as at least the game-in-hand is wiped out fairly swiftly and is against a fellow promotion rival.

It is still imperative that we goto Barnsley and win, which will be no easy task following their result last night.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Why, do you honestly believe Huddersfield will win all their remaining games?

We may earn a well fought draw at Barnsley, then beat Reading and Newcastle at home to go top. Who knows. To say its imperative we must win at Barnsley is a bit early with 15 games left. Plenty of football to be played.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why, do you honestly believe Huddersfield will win all their remaining games?

We may earn a well fought draw at Barnsley, then beat Reading and Newcastle at home to go top. Who knows. To say its imperative we must win at Barnsley is a bit early with 15 games left. Plenty of football to be played.

Agreed - piling huge pressure and demands on individual games at this stage of the season is madness. We've seen how often and how quickly the table change in all directions.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's the main concern and why I think everyone's getting their knickers in a twist.

If they do hold their form, they will be Champions.

Yep, and if they beat Newcastle and we do, we'll likely be runners up! :albion2:

If me uncle was me aunt...:mad:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agreed - piling huge pressure and demands on individual games at this stage of the season is madness. We've seen how often and how quickly the table change in all directions.

I think it will be about boosting our confidence at a rocky stage, loose at Barnsley then we really have to beat reading & newcastle. 3 points at Barnsley takes the pressure off (a bit) and we don't have to win both of the other gamesd. Agree what you are saying if we beat Newcastle then pressure on them, if they win then we really have to get back to winning in march which will be tricky Rotherham, Derby, Leeds...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

With their confidence already sky high I would say beating Man City would be the last thing we would want - a heavy defeat for their first team might be better, although Man City are unlikely to play their best team, failing that a draw and a reply going to penalties would help as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here