Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really need them to battle for a draw on sat, then a hard replay with extra time and go out, after the lord major show effect follows..

Hudd will rest their best 10 outfield players vs Man City. Every club seems to be doing that now with league prizes worth £100m +.

No Huddersfield first teamer will get injured or knackered in their pointless FAC run.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hudd will rest their best 10 outfield players vs Man City. Every club seems to be doing that now with league prizes worth £100m +.

No Huddersfield first teamer will get injured or knackered in their pointless FAC run.

They are managed by an arrogant German, expect them to be full strength

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I hope I'm wrong but on current form I expect Huddersfield to win the division. I think it will be us and Newcastle slugging it out for 2nd place.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It's a pity because if I'd like any other team to get promoted it would probably be Huddersfield. Great history (well, great 1920s and early 1930s) - not been in the top flight since the early 1970s - they certainly deserve a go in the Premier League.

Rather them than Newcastle (too big to fail etc.), Norwich (who've had plenty of goes), Leeds (obviously) and of course not bleeding Reading. So if all the other teams start losing I have no problem with Huddersfield doing ok. But as it is, I just want them to lose a few in a row...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Albion's bounce back ability is what stops me from worrying about Huddersfield too much. Huddersfield are us last season, but I don't expect them to get quite as close as we did. My aunt asked me last September whether I truly believed Albion would ever make the Premier League. I said in my heart of hearts, no. But this season has changed everything for me. Games like Fulham (H&A), Birmingham, Brentford, Sheffield Wednesday have changed everything for me.

This is our year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

They're on an almost hiding to nothing. If their reserves get smashed it kills their momentum. If the regular team plays they risk injury. If the regular team plays & pulls off an unlikely win they'll get a bounce but then have to choose between League and cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Albion's bounce back ability is what stops me from worrying about Huddersfield too much. Huddersfield are us last season, but I don't expect them to get quite as close as we did. My aunt asked me last September whether I truly believed Albion would ever make the Premier League. I said in my heart of hearts, no. But this season has changed everything for me. Games like Fulham (H&A), Birmingham, Brentford, Sheffield Wednesday have changed everything for me.

This is our year.

Hope so.

'The Udders are invincible' mantra is a bit boring now. A month ago we were unstoppable and not many teams expected to take a lot from us.
We will come back strong and make it happen. :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Er, Huddersfield have easier fixtures, on paper at least.

Really? Our fixtures are remarkably similar. Both us and Huddersfield have:

Barnsley away
Reading home
Newcastle home
Wolves away
Nottingham Forest away

So 5 identical fixtures. Then of the remaining 10; six fixtures reversed for each side, finally four unique teams each. Rotherham, QPR, Wigan and Leeds for us; Brentford, Preston, Fulham and Burton for them. Arguably ours are easier.

With 15 games to go this is nearly always going to be the case though :shrug:

The thing that really interests me is that Huddersfield are in the middle of five and a half weeks of Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday football. Can they keep their style of play going when playing that often? Maybe they can, I will be very impressed if they do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Plus mooy won't be allowed to play anyway being a Man City player

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They are managed by an arrogant German, expect them to be full strength
I am not sure he is arrogant. I think he is confident In his ability and is 100% for his club. Every club wants a manager like that! As we had with poyet!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wagner's German mate Klopp played youngsters and second string versus Wolves in FAC tie.

I totally get the big club playing second string against the minnow, but this is the other way around.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here