Shoreham Beach
So We've got:

Reading (H)
Newcastle (H)
Forest (A)
Rotherham (A)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)

before the break. 14 points there would do very nicely and leave us in a very good position.

As for Huddersfield, lets hope they win their replay and then the quarter final...

14 points is unrealistic, i'd say we'd be as good as promoted if we manage that amount of points with the home fixtures that remain.

Somebody is going to turn us over in that lot, i'd say Leeds. Derby at home has draw written all over it. Just those two results alone would put us below your total, and that's with assumed wins at home to Reading and Newcastle...

I predicted 9 points from those fixtures, i'm hoping we can do a little better to ease the pressure off the April run-in.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
There is a good chance we will be on 80 points before the international break , then 8 games to pick up 10+ points and no way will 2 teams better that

The way Huddersfield are going i don't think 90 will be enough for automatic this season, suspect it will be 93 ish. Would be incredible if we get 90+ and miss out on auto again !!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
14 points is unrealistic, i'd say we'd be as good as promoted if we manage that amount of points with the home fixtures that remain.

Somebody is going to turn us over in that lot, i'd say Leeds. Derby at home has draw written all over it. Just those two results alone would put us below your total, and that's with assumed wins at home to Reading and Newcastle...

I predicted 9 points from those fixtures, i'm hoping we can do a little better to ease the pressure off the April run-in.

I didn't say we would get 14 points, I said it would do very nicely. 9 points would leave us clinging on to 2nd.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I didn't say we would get 14 points, I said it would do very nicely. 9 points would leave us clinging on to 2nd.

It would, but they are a tough set of fixtures and we need to remain realistic.

Don't forget we have FOUR very winnable home games in April. If people are predicting c92-93 points will be enough then it is not the end of the world if we take 9 from the above (77 total) because we could easily take 14-16 in April/May.

Honestly, if we don't take an automatic with 91-93pts then we may aswell give up.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
What makes you think Newcastle will get enough points ? Could be us and Huddersfield

Hope you are right but i just can't see them dropping that many points, once they get their next 3 away games out of the way they have a fairly kind run in...... If they lose the next 3 away games or only pick up 1 point then i might change my opinion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It would, but they are a tough set of fixtures and we need to remain realistic.

Don't forget we have FOUR very winnable home games in April. If people are predicting c92-93 points will be enough then it is not the end of the world if we take 9 from the above (77 total) because we could easily take 14-16 in April/May.

Honestly, if we don't take an automatic with 91-93pts then we may aswell give up.

True. In that sense we only need 8 more wins.

I'm targeting 100 points though...surely that would see us sneak up?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What worries me a tad is that these MONSTER home games we have coming up really are not our speciality. Some MAJOR and DAMAGING Amex disappointments, just off the top of my head:

Palace Playoff 2nd leg 0-2
Derby Playoff 1st leg 1-2
Burnley 2-2
Derby 1-1
Sheff Weds Playoff 2nd leg 1-1

I'd like to remember a maHOOsive must-win game at the sharp end of the season we've had at the Amex where we've actually come out on top, but frankly, I'm struggling. Maybe the final home game of 2013/14, the 2-0 v Yeovil which kept our Playoff chances alive for the final day at Forest ? But that was largely expected, as Yeovil were doomed.

We're going to need to step up and buck the trend this year...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What worries me a tad is that these MONSTER home games we have coming up really are not our speciality. Some MAJOR and DAMAGING Amex disappointments, just off the top of my head:

Burnley 2-2
Derby 1-1

I'd like to remember a maHOOsive must-win game at the sharp end of the season we've had at the Amex where we've actually come out on top, but frankly, I'm struggling. Maybe the final home game of 2013/14, the 2-0 v Yeovil which kept our Playoff chances alive for the final day at Forest ? But that was largely expected, as Yeovil were doomed.

True, unfortunately we do seem to choke on the big must win end of season games at the Amex. Sheff Weds apart we seem to set up very cautious for these games when we should be going for the jugular. Really hope we don't concede possession to Reading and sit deep on Saturday.

Big games on SKY don't go that well either...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Burnley 2-2
Derby 1-1

This has just depressed me

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
True, unfortunately we do seem to choke on the big must win end of season games at the Amex. Sheff Weds apart we seem to set up very cautious for these games when we should be going for the jugular. Really hope we don't concede possession to Reading and sit deep on Saturday.

Big games on SKY don't go that well either...

Hugh ton has been s but more jugular orientated this season though!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Burnley 2-2
Derby 1-1

Beat Sheff Weds at Hillsborough
Beat Barnsley at Oakwell

It's a year for bucking trends...

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I'm not pressing the panic button yet as far as Huddersfield are concerned.. They are on a truly great run of results.. if they were to continue it then they will probably win the title and will deserve to! BUT... those kind of runs just don't last forever in the Championship. Just cannot see how they can sustain that level of performance that coincides with us or Newcastle stuttering so badly.. They have lost 8 times already this season, which makes their current run all the more remarkable, and in my book, all the more likely to end.. wishful thinking maybe, but just how I feel

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Look pussies

Matchups.PNG

Column 1 Teams we always do well against. Teams to play this season 4 from 5.
Column 2 Teams we always do badly against. Teams to play 0 from 5

Wins needed 7 plus a few draws for promotion - relevance very low, we are going up as champions!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Look pussies

View attachment 82411

Column 1 Teams we always do well against. Teams to play this season 4 from 5.
Column 2 Teams we always do badly against. Teams to play 0 from 5

Wins needed 7 plus a few draws for promotion - relevance very low, we are going up as champions!

Only 1 team in the RH column in our division this year, so not really surprising we don't have to play any of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here