Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here's a notion, Huddersfield put all their efforts v Man City, lose and then face a Reading side who will fancy their chances of sneaking a win!

Here's a notion, the FA Cup is worth £1m, EPL £165m

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They clearly aren't though are they? Else they'd be top or 2nd wouldn't they!!

If we lose to Barsnley we still stay 2nd so why is it bye to 2nd place, you are working on the assumption Huddersfield won't lose or draw their games.... The assumption is the mother of all **** ups... Which I would like to also point out to the twats that keep harping on about PL next season when we win.

One game at a time, get some balls and get behind the team rather than everyone expelling nervous and negative energy.

What? Huddersfield signed about fifteen players in the summer it takes TIME to gel.

They are COMFORTABLY the best team in this league, plus added brown in January who is better than any player we or Newcastle have.

I actually think it's Newcastle who will come third but everyone keeps saying 'I don't care about Newcastle'. They are the deluded ones.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Don't tend to look at games too far in advance, but next five fixtures for the top three are quite interesting. Huddersfield remind me of us last season, overachieving and having a great after Xmas period. Not saying they can't keep it up.

Fixtures:
Geordies; Villa H Bristol C H BHA A Huddersfield A Reading A
BHA Barnsley A Reading H Geordies H Forest A Rotherham A
Huddersfield City H Cup Reading H Barnsley A Wolves A Newcastle H Villa H

Then there is Reading season defining aswell.

Reading Huddersfield A BHA A Wolves H Newcastle H

Not making any predictions, but all 3 have tough matches, but blood y love it !!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What? Huddersfield signed about fifteen players in the summer it takes TIME to gel.

They are COMFORTABLY the best team in this league, plus added brown in January who is better than any player we or Newcastle have.

I actually think it's Newcastle who will come third but everyone keeps saying 'I don't care about Newcastle'. They are the deluded ones.

You're judging on one or two recent games and not looking at the bigger picture. Teams hit form and lose form. To say what you've said above is pretty ludicrous at this point. Didn't you say something similar about Newcastle a few months back and then change your tune (if it wasn't you I apologise but I recall last week someone linking a previous thread with a completely contradictory opinion from you?). Bold statements on NSC simply do not work. More often than not, they bite you on the arse (if people can be bothered to go back and find them.)

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Current form only suggests this what else does? they have 8 defeats double ours and -19 in goal difference to us, this suggests we are a far better team overall than themm

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What really annoys me for the last 5 years bar 4 months, we've been pretty consistent in the Championship. Yet others come out of nowhere and suddenly get promoted with one wonders, Palace, Burnley and B'muff spring to mind

Really didn't sleep well after last night, so frustrated. We had an 11 point gap 17 days ago FFS

We really need a big following at Barnsley and get behind the lads, they have been well below par and they know it

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I've read that about 3 times now and it still wont sit right - if you overtake third place, yes you become third - BUT if you beat third [as in, you score more points than the team who are third, you can't be third as someone else is already third [exception joint 3rd after points and GD and GS all same] - if, at the finish, you are in front of 3rd place, you must have finished second - shirley?

Read it again.....

If you are in a running race and you overtake the person in third then what position are you in the race?

Whenever naylor talks about whether 90 points will be enough he focuses on what the team who came third scored. My point is that you can beat the team in third but unless you also beat the team in second you come third. So to guarantee a top 2 place you need to get more points than the team in second. Just because usually three teams have not achieved 90 points it does not mean that 90 points will get you promoted this year. This year the lower end of the league has fewer points and the higher end has more. Huds have taken 15 from last 5 matches so I don't think it is unlikely they will get 29 from next 15.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ah yes - here it is:

20th Nov
Newcastle are light years ahead of anyone in this league.

Will coast to 110 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st Feb
SO many people on here kept saying Newcastle to beat teams. Great logic. Assume they are still saying the same because I can see them coming third easily.

We all make wrong predictions but to do it so matter of fact (bold statement) on a regular basis is bizarre. To have your 2 posts pointed out on another thread by someone the other day yet still come out with the post above about Huddersfield is hilarious. To say one of their players is better than any BHA or Toon player (prob based on seeing him play twice) is also hilarious. Maybe don't make such bold statements in the future?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Why, do you honestly believe Huddersfield will win all their remaining games?

We may earn a well fought draw at Barnsley, then beat Reading and Newcastle at home to go top. Who knows. To say its imperative we must win at Barnsley is a bit early with 15 games left. Plenty of football to be played.

Of course Huddersfield will not win all their remaining games and then neither will we.

But they only need to win 2 more games than us from now until the end of the season which, judging by their current form, it would appear they are capable of. They have been on a fantastic run but I am of the view they are due a downturn in results soon and this, I hope, will see us have the opportunity to put another gap between us and them.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
With their confidence already sky high I would say beating Man City would be the last thing we would want - a heavy defeat for their first team might be better, although Man City are unlikely to play their best team, failing that a draw and a reply going to penalties would help as well.

I would rather they win as that will give them another match which will be an FA Cup Quarter-Final and therefore one game from Wembley to help distract their minds. Plus the Quarter-Final would mean another Championship match being re-scheduled and cause a fixture pile-up.

A draw would be OK but City would more than likely turn them over at the Etihad Stadium and I am of the persuasion that they stay in the competition for as long as possible, especially as an appearance at Wembley starts to loom into view.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think we should just focus on our games.

A few weeks ago I was being told that Leeds were the unstoppable team and we should be watching out for them.

Before that it was Reading.

Now its Huddersfield.

It's tight at the top. Let's just win 9 games.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I would rather they win as that will give them another match which will be an FA Cup Quarter-Final and therefore one game from Wembley to help distract their minds. Plus the Quarter-Final would mean another Championship match being re-scheduled and cause a fixture pile-up.

A draw would be OK but City would more than likely turn them over at the Etihad Stadium and I am of the persuasion that they stay in the competition for as long as possible, especially as an appearance at Wembley starts to loom into view.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Really need them to battle for a draw on sat, then a hard replay with extra time and go out, after the lord major show effect follows..

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can't help but think of the season when Reading stormed the second half of the season and finished with over 100 points. It always astonished me that so many lazy pundits were predicting Newcastle and us as nailed on certainties for promotion after Christmas. It amazes me that people with a lifetime in the game can't see past more than the few most recent results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here