Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Was at the Rotherham v Huddersfield game last night (on my hols). Udders played well and passed the ball well but they are vulnerable. They conceded 2 goals and could have been more. Rotherham battled and got into them. Not say Huddersfield were lucky but Rotherham were unlucky not to take a point.

So in summary, we need to start winning our games and get on with the task in hand. We will lose games, draw games and win games. So will Huddersfield. In my opinion we are the better team.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Surely huds can't keep being brilliant. That is what I am telling myself anyway!

they're on a great run, but great runs come to an end. So do terrible runs. Norwich couldn't get a win anywhere, now look fantastic. Ipswich were dire but have now taken 5 points off Reading, Villa and us. Villa were unstoppable under Bruce and are now dreadful.

Hudds will hit a hole. Maybe it will happen when they hit second place

And if they don't, they will be worthy champions

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is it just me or does anyone else suspect that 90 points may not be enough for Automatic promotion this season?

I think 92 minimum. I made a bet with Andy Baylor last night. 10 quid charity bet whether 90 points would be enough. He says yes and I say no. He only ever looks at what third place got but forgets that if you beat third you come third not second (unless you beat second as well)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it will be about boosting our confidence at a rocky stage.

I get what you're saying, I guess I see it as a new phase since we got a full strength team (Baldock and Stephens) back. Since then we are;

4-1 v Burton
1-1 v Ipswich

2 points per game. Really not too worrying when seen like that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Huddersfield scored a winner in injury time. We didn't.

Simple as that. No need to lose our minds over it. Onwards to Barnsley.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Huddersfield are too good, best team comfortably in the league. Their form over last 13 is ridiculously good and have that form to take into the reading game.

Win is now a must v Barnsley otherwise we can say good bye to top 2 unless we beat both Newcastle and reading should we not beat Barnsley.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Didn`t they make 8 changes for their last cup tie and still beat Rochdale 4-0. Would expect them to rest their key players and Mooy is unable to play as City won`t let him.
Hopefully Tuesday`s Reading game will be a draw.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone got the table from this time last year, when we were about 8 points adrift but lost out on GD?
Yes, I'm concerned that Hudders can do it, but who they overtake is down to us.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Huddersfield are too good, best team comfortably in the league. Their form over last 13 is ridiculously good and have that form to take into the reading game.

Win is now a must v Barnsley otherwise we can say good bye to top 2 unless we beat both Newcastle and reading should we not beat Barnsley.

They clearly aren't though are they? Else they'd be top or 2nd wouldn't they!!

If we lose to Barsnley we still stay 2nd so why is it bye to 2nd place, you are working on the assumption Huddersfield won't lose or draw their games.... The assumption is the mother of all **** ups... Which I would like to also point out to the twats that keep harping on about PL next season when we win.

One game at a time, get some balls and get behind the team rather than everyone expelling nervous and negative energy.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This is the new reality.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Anyone got the table from this time last year, when we were about 8 points adrift but lost out on GD?
Yes, I'm concerned that Hudders can do it, but who they overtake is down to us.

At this point last year (roughly) we were actually in fourth and only three points off top, although had played a game more than Hull who were top.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 13.10.03.png

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Here's a notion, Huddersfield put all their efforts v Man City, lose and then face a Reading side who will fancy their chances of sneaking a win!

Hudds surely won't play their first choice XI against City anyway. Mooy is obviously ineligible for a start.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I think 92 minimum. I made a bet with Andy Baylor last night. 10 quid charity bet whether 90 points would be enough. He says yes and I say no. He only ever looks at what third place got but forgets that if you beat third you come third not second (unless you beat second as well)

I've read that about 3 times now and it still wont sit right - if you overtake third place, yes you become third - BUT if you beat third [as in, you score more points than the team who are third, you can't be third as someone else is already third [exception joint 3rd after points and GD and GS all same] - if, at the finish, you are in front of 3rd place, you must have finished second - shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here