Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Perhaps Man C will also rest many stars, as they concentrate on finishing second in the PL, a recovery from the media hysteria laughing at Guardiola, Stones etc back in the autumn.

He's played a full strength side in both cup ties so far and is his only real shot at silverware this season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am not sure he is arrogant. I think he is confident In his ability and is 100% for his club. Every club wants a manager like that! As we had with poyet!

He'll be stuck in the stand anyway when he receives his punishment. Probably for three matches.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I totally get the big club playing second string against the minnow, but this is the other way around.

Some Championship clubs are so hell bent on promotion, that whatever level they're up against in the FAC, they rest their key players.

If the Hudds starting eleven that outclassed Albion, is quite different to that starting versus ManC, that will reveal Hudds intent on grabbing the PL spoils.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some Championship clubs are so hell bent on promotion, that whatever level they're up against in the FAC, they rest their key players.

If the Hudds starting eleven that outclassed Albion, is quite different to that starting versus ManC, that will reveal Hudds intent on grabbing the PL spoils.

They won't as the lynchpin mooy won't be playing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Huddersfield maintained express train momentum v the Albion throughout, but only just touched off Rotherham the other night, maybe they're running out of steam or were never all that to start with. Anymore than any other of the top half dozen teams. Everybody's vulnerable. Maybe in the end team spirit is what will see you through. Which the Albion have in bucketloads.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Seven points have been eroded since we kicked off against them, you are kidding yourself if you don't see that as a very real threat. Have you seen our next three games?

They ran us completely ragged, as we did to Norwich. I am convinced that result knocked our confidence and we have looked very shakey since, Burton aside.

We need to turn it around very quickly, plenty seem to be relying on Huddersfield to falter rather than us improve.

There is something very true about what you say there.

I have a feeling Chris might have been a bit accepting of the less than brilliant performances. To date he probably thinks, ''I cant be over critical because the lads have done brilliant so far to get us to where we are''

If that is the case we might really need to turn in a really really bad performance for him to get mad and really kick them up the backside. A bit like he did last season after Rotherham

He can really do that when needs dictate but I hope the players realise themselves that they need to start becoming efficient again

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If that is the case we might really need to turn in a really really bad performance for him to get mad and really kick them up the backside.

He can really do that when needs dictate but I hope the players realise themselves that they need to start becoming efficient again

I'm sure your absolutely spot on there.
As you have said it's down to the players, they must see what's happening on the pitch and have faith in themselves to return to services as normal.
CH does his stuff in the dressing room, so it's up to the guys on the pitch to do their bit.

theboybilly

Huddersfield maintained express train momentum v the Albion throughout, but only just touched off Rotherham the other night, maybe they're running out of steam or were never all that to start with. Anymore than any other of the top half dozen teams. Everybody's vulnerable. Maybe in the end team spirit is what will see you through. Which the Albion have in bucketloads.

If team spirit were the criteria I think we'd go up as Champions and Huddersfield as runners-up. I'm not so sure Newcastle would make the play-offs

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Huddersfield have avoided some of the injuries and that's because they have brought a lot of ne players in the transfer window. When they kicked in the last time they dropped away. so that will no doubt kick I again. Not sure how many of their players are loan players but I think a lot of them are

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Huddersfield have avoided some of the injuries and that's because they have brought a lot of ne players in the transfer window. When they kicked in the last time they dropped away. so that will no doubt kick I again. Not sure how many of their players are loan players but I think a lot of them are

And haven't they recruited well, they completely destroyed us and made us look like relegation fodder. I wish we could both go up, but think we will fall away and go down to a dubious penalty by Reading in the play off final in the 94th minute.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
And haven't they recruited well, they completely destroyed us and made us look like relegation fodder. I wish we could both go up, but think we will fall away and go down to a dubious penalty by Reading in the play off final in the 94th minute.

Only if Stockdale is injured.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't know much about huddersfields recruitment and finances but they've done brilliant and they have dirt cheap st prices on top of that....Any neutral would prefer them to go up as they're exciting to watch just like Watford and Bournemouth in recent years.

If we get pipped then I won't begrudge them that's for sure :)

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Hudders fan here, thanks for all the nice comments, one game at a time and all that. Whatever happens we will have had a wonderful season, so all the talk of automatics etc on our board is just that, talk.

Do want to mention this second team / string weak squad business though, as lots of the opposition fans seem to think that these things will effect us. Maybe you're right but Wagner doesn't see it like that, we have a squad of 24+ and they're all involved and have had league games. For Rotherham there were five changes to QPR Saturday. My view of the team is as follows:
Keeper. Ward, on loan from Liverpool, has to play 75% of games but many believe Coleman is as good or better.
Smith. Right back. Cranie replacement. Slight weak spot, Cranie not as good and has age and legs against him.
Centre halves Hefele and Schindler but Stankovic and Hudson as back up. Stankovic was the one player Wagner insisted we sign in summer, classy but young and learning. Hudson, wise head, legs gone, won't make two games a week
Left back Lowe, replacement Holmes-Dennis not as good but certainly not bad and learning all the time.
Defensive midfield Hogg, very underrated and makes everything tick, endless energy, BUT out for three weeks, will be really missed. Whitehead a good player but again will struggle for two games a week at his age. Can use Billing.
Mooy. Simply the best, replacement Billing who folks were raving about a year ago. Not the same class, but no mean replacement.
Behind striker, Palmer, Brown or Payne. Palmer injured, Payne not the same class as other two, well not yet anyway, but no complaints from me.
Wings. Van La Parra, Lolley, Kachunga, Scannel injured. Nothing to worry about there, whoever plays. similar skills, rarely put in a full 90 minute shift, often get subbed one for another, well apart from Kachunga who's been immense.
Centre forward. Wells and Quaner. Jury still out on Quaner, only arrived January.
Guess what I'm saying is, I have no idea who'll get picked for the City game and honestly don't think it matters too much. If it's not working, there'll be suitable alternatives on the bench. The worry is Hoggs position. That's what may have an effect with all the games coming up. We need him back a.s.a.p. Good luck for the rest of the season, we don't play you anymore so it's in both our own hands so to speak.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Don't know much about huddersfields recruitment and finances but they've done brilliant and they have dirt cheap st prices on top of that....Any neutral would prefer them to go up as they're exciting to watch just like Watford and Bournemouth in recent years.

If we get pipped then I won't begrudge them that's for sure :)

Are you drunk, sir? If we get pipped by Hudds I will begrudge the life out of them. There won't be a bigger grudge apart from the ones I currently hold for Boro, the Complete and Utter Shyster, Palace, etc

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Hudders fan here, thanks for all the nice comments, one game at a time and all that. Whatever happens we will have had a wonderful season, so all the talk of automatics etc on our board is just that, talk.

Do want to mention this second team / string weak squad business though, as lots of the opposition fans seem to think that these things will effect us. Maybe you're right but Wagner doesn't see it like that, we have a squad of 24+ and they're all involved and have had league games. For Rotherham there were five changes to QPR Saturday. My view of the team is as follows:
Keeper. Ward, on loan from Liverpool, has to play 75% of games but many believe Coleman is as good or better.
Smith. Right back. Cranie replacement. Slight weak spot, Cranie not as good and has age and legs against him.
Centre halves Hefele and Schindler but Stankovic and Hudson as back up. Stankovic was the one player Wagner insisted we sign in summer, classy but young and learning. Hudson, wise head, legs gone, won't make two games a week
Left back Lowe, replacement Holmes-Dennis not as good but certainly not bad and learning all the time.
Defensive midfield Hogg, very underrated and makes everything tick, endless energy, BUT out for three weeks, will be really missed. Whitehead a good player but again will struggle for two games a week at his age. Can use Billing.
Mooy. Simply the best, replacement Billing who folks were raving about a year ago. Not the same class, but no mean replacement.
Behind striker, Palmer, Brown or Payne. Palmer injured, Payne not the same class as other two, well not yet anyway, but no complaints from me.
Wings. Van La Parra, Lolley, Kachunga, Scannel injured. Nothing to worry about there, whoever plays. similar skills, rarely put in a full 90 minute shift, often get subbed one for another, well apart from Kachunga who's been immense.
Centre forward. Wells and Quaner. Jury still out on Quaner, only arrived January.
Guess what I'm saying is, I have no idea who'll get picked for the City game and honestly don't think it matters too much. If it's not working, there'll be suitable alternatives on the bench. The worry is Hoggs position. That's what may have an effect with all the games coming up. We need him back a.s.a.p. Good luck for the rest of the season, we don't play you anymore so it's in both our own hands so to speak.

Forgot Harry Bunn winger, but hasn't really stepped up to the level of the others this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here