Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley, Reading and Newcastle

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At lunchtime Tuesday most would have settled for 4 pojnts v Ipswich and Bafnsley. We have 1 so need to go to Yorkshire and win. Next week the game against Reading is a must not lose game and hopefully win 1 of the 2 next home games.

I was at a different game, I thought we were woeful. Hemed and Baldock were League 1 tonight and we were lucky not to get beat as we really struggled against Lawrence. Keep playing like that and we'll be down to third in a couple of games

We need to start with Murray and Akpom at Barnsley, both Hemed and Baldock are too weak against big determined defenders and too easily bullied.

Agreed but I'd stick with Baldock even tho he's not a complete player.

Thought we were poor tonight, very low on creativity and too much reliance on long ball

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Raise our game, beat Reading and Newcastle and we've done a lot of the work we need to.

Who knows? I don't. Will just have to wait to find out and the wait is agonising.

If we don't stop conceding soft goals and looking so vulnerable when we are pushing for the equaliser or winner we will be turned over by Reading and Newcastle. We don't look good enough anywhere on the pitch at the moment. Worrying times imo as I give us zero chance of getting promoted via the playoffs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We never win at Barnsley and they are as desperate for the points as we are. I'm not optimistic.

Huddersfield won't keep winning forever though, and as soon as they are close to the top two, I expect them to feel the pressure. It'll be their turn to misplace passes and miss sitters.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're picking up as many points as anyone else other than Huddersfield. We have 20 pts from the last 10 games. Barnsley have 18. It is alarming to us as we're usually so consistent, but every other side is experiencing what we are doing in scrapping draws, not playing well and picking up wins. Doesn't mean I expect 3 points on Saturday, but neither do I expect us to get whipped.

We are a formidable side even when we play badly (other than just 2 games this season). With Newcastle not extending a gap despite our own wobble, we should still be looking forward as well as behind.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We never win at Barnsley and they are as desperate for the points as we are. I'm not optimistic.

Huddersfield won't keep winning forever though, and as soon as they are close to the top two, I expect them to feel the pressure. It'll be their turn to misplace passes and miss sitters.

August 1991

Not sure what to expect Barnsley looked far poorer than their league position at the Amex earlier this season.

Need to get back to winning ways on the road but can see 0-0 and more bedwetting before Reading.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was at a different game, I thought we were woeful. Hemed and Baldock were League 1 tonight and we were lucky not to get beat as we really struggled against Lawrence. Keep playing like that and we'll be down to third in a couple of games

We need to start with Murray and Akpom at Barnsley, both Hemed and Baldock are too weak against big determined defenders and too easily bullied.

This. Floated diagonal balls for 45 mins. Very poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If we can hang in there and still be top 2 after the next three very tough fixtures, then I think we'll do it. We have a 4 point cushion to fall back on, and the fixtures following the Newcastle game look a lot kinder.

I'm of the opinion that so long as Reading don't beat us, that our only meaningful competition for a top two place are Hudds. Reading have looked unconvincing much like ourselves for a while now and seem to be getting the rub of the green.

boik

We never win at Massive either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The number of people on Twitter and on here saying we should have won baffles me. We didn't deserve more than a point. Although we had the bulk of the possession in the second half, overall Ipswich probably created more clear cut chances than we did.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The number of people on Twitter and on here saying we should have won baffles me. We didn't deserve more than a point. Although we had the bulk of the possession in the second half, overall Ipswich probably created more clear cut chances than we did.

'Deserve' and 'Winning' are 2 completely different things. Deserve to win? Probably not. Should have won? Probably yes given the chances at the end. May not have deserved it, but should have probably nicked it from the positions we got into in those final 15mins or so.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I know last night was a frustrating result/performance but looking on the bright side, if 90 points is good enough to get us up then we need 25 points. That’s 7 wins and 4 draws. I think we could get 7 wins out of Bristol City, Wigan, Blackburn, Rotherham, Forest, Birmingham, QPR, Wolves and Barnsley. And I think we could get 4 draws out Derby, Reading, Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, Norwich. Obviously it’s not as simple as that, but breaking it down into those targets does make it look achievable..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here