Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Sidwell instead of Kayal?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Chris got some of the tactics wrong tonight. Subbed the wrong winger, all free kicks were out swingers, instead of in swingers in to their box (look at Ipswich's goal). Should have had Hemed and Murray on the pitch for the last quarter rather than like for like substitutions. No outlet to break when Ipswich had corners so no ability to break quickly. Their defender got booked in the first minute and rather than letter knockeart run at him, he switched to the left! Just a frustrating performance and we weren't able to break them down

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Another thing I didn't understand. Knocky was having a shocker. Mind you, Murphy when he came on was completely ineffective as ever. How much better would it be to have kept Kaz and have him on the bench?
Murphy was opening them right up not sure what game you was watching.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murphy was opening them right up not sure what game you was watching.

Murphy was one of the bright spots in a very poor performance, along with Dunk, Sidwell and Bruno

We look a team bereft of the belief we have had.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Better than or in better form?

Well he hasn't exactly played much, has he? Yes, he was poor against Hudds, but they all were, including Sidwell.

Not denying Sidwell has been playing well lately, but we badly miss Kayal's creativity in midfield.

I've no idea whether he's fully match fit or not, but he isn't going to get match fit unless he plays. Why not start him, and bring Sidders on if he fades?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Stephens and Kayal midfield partnership was the key to our success last season. We need Kayak to unlock teams like Ipswich. He was our player of the season last year. I just don't understand why he's not playing.

Really, really easy to analyse after the event. Why didn't you ask this at 5.30pm? Sidwell was man of the match v Burton. Why start this after the draw?

Really, really easy to analyse after the event. Why didn't you ask this at 5.30pm? Sidwell was man of the match v Burton. Why start this after the draw?

Sidwell was good on Saturday but against very poor opposition. Didn't really see any positives from our midfield tonight - outplayed in the first half and when Ipswich sat back and invited pressure in the second half, no real class on offer to open defences. Very disappointing evening and our buffer to 3rd please shrinking smaller than Trump's manhood

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sidwell was good on Saturday but against very poor opposition. Didn't really see any positives from our midfield tonight - outplayed in the first half and when Ipswich sat back and invited pressure in the second half, no real class on offer to open defences. Very disappointing evening and our buffer to 3rd please shrinking smaller than Trump's manhood

But to start a thread basically blaming Sidwell is a bit of old bollocks really?

Edit: And yes we were poor and I want my 90 minutes plus travelling time back. I shall be speaking to God from the bottom of my bed later.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Horses for courses, I felt CH had to pick one out of Stephens and Sidwell tonight - a tough call no doubt.

It was a game for Kayal even when not at his best, maybe even Norwood.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I did ask this on the match day thread before kick-off. I'd have thought this was an occasion for Kayal - he and Stephens were/are our no. 1 midfield pairing. Good chance to help him back to speed, while giving the excellent Sidwell a bit of a break before that uncomfortable trip up north on Saturday where we'll need his nous and aggression.
Just floating the idea on NSC, I was, not trying to tell CH how to do his job. It might have worked though...........!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
How are you evening questioning why Sidwell when he was by far the MOTM last night, yes he lost the ball a few times but that's because no one was getting into space for him to pass to. Got really stuck in and I've been really impressed with him the past two games.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Without doubt Kayal is our best midfielder. For last 15 games should be first choice in midfield.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If it had`nt been for Sidders bonce we would have lost .....ok so he didnt know much about it .

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Horses for courses, I felt CH had to pick one out of Stephens and Sidwell tonight - a tough call no doubt.

It was a game for Kayal even when not at his best, maybe even Norwood.

Games like this are made for Norwood to come on and pick a pass which creates something against a packed opposition defence.
It's the one thing he can really do.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But to start a thread basically blaming Sidwell is a bit of old bollocks really?

Edit: And yes we were poor and I want my 90 minutes plus travelling time back. I shall be speaking to God from the bottom of my bed later.
Not blaming Sidwell at all! Just saying that Stephens and Kayal is out best midfield pairing, particularly at home. Sidders is a much more defensive player and likes passing the ball sideways a lot. We needed someone to drive us forward and provide that creative nouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here