Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Knockaert get anything right tonight?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We hardly heard the Knocky song tonight - that tells it's own story.

Tonight was one of those nights but at least we took a point.

My view is that if he isn't the Messiah he's the nearest thing we've had since Zamora and if he got a season- ending injury I'd genuinely fear for our chances of promotion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think so. He was probably our most productive of the attacking nine that were on the pitch. Several penetrating runs, and a couple of good crosses too (his crossing has been awful of late, but not tonight).

I have to concede that when he is on the left you won't get the best of crosses from him. Although he is two footed his right is by far the stronger. Sometimes I would like to see him and Knockeart start on the wings with their strongest foot. It would encourage more crossing instead of cutting in but hey cant really complain too much by whats been achieved so far

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Again he's been mostly crap for months. He had a great run at the end of last season. But there's a reason Leicester and liege let him go. He's good but too inconsistent.

Still love him but; he ain't the Messiah that everyone has him pinned as.

Hopefully he will stay if we don't go up

That must go down as one of the dumbest posts of the decade on NSC!!!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I think, looking at performances on the night that March was offering a heck of a lot more than Knockaert and should not have been subbed and thus, yes, Hughton got it wrong.
I agree but is it that March is still not back to playing the full 90 yet?

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Even when he plays awful, which he was today. He still should have had an assist (or even a goal of Baldock passed back across) 10 goals 5 assists for a winger is outrageous. For those that don't think he's as good as people make out, those stats say otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think, looking at performances on the night that March was offering a heck of a lot more than Knockaert and should not have been subbed and thus, yes, Hughton got it wrong.

That wasn't my question. My question was ''Do you really think he doesn't recognise it ?''

You can recognise that someone is not playing well but if you know that he is capable of solo act like against Forrest last year then sometimes you stick with it. Sometimes it bears fruit, sometimes it doesn't . Hindsight is a wonderful thing and there is no guarantee that March would have produced something that Knockeart did not, so we cannot really comment as to whether the decision was right or wrong.

It's dead easy to be a football manager from the stands. I am damned good at it myself.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That wasn't my question. My question was ''Do you really think he doesn't recognise it ?''

You can recognise that someone is not playing well but if you know that he is capable of solo act like against Forrest last year then sometimes you stick with it. Sometimes it bears fruit, sometimes it doesn't . Hindsight is a wonderful thing and there is no guarantee that March would have produced something that Knockeart did not, so we cannot really comment as to whether the decision was right or wrong.

It's dead easy to be a football manager from the stands. I am damned good at it myself.

Sure, he probably recognised it and probably made the same calculation you have about Knockers ability to pull off the magical.

I disagree with that assessment. That's it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sure, he probably recognised it and probably made the same calculation you have about Knockers ability to pull off the magical.

I disagree with that assessment. That's it.

Thank you Mr Stallin - Point noted

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
There is a reason he plays for Brighton and Hove Albion and not a Southampton, West Ham or Everton and tonight was it

He isn't consistent enough, especially away from home. Tonight was probably the worst game he has had at The Amex and the result and fact we were extremely lacklustre highlights just how much we do rely on him

Having said that on his day there can be few if any individual match winners as good as him in the division and even if that day only happens 6 times out of 10, the fact he is capable of it means you have to persevere

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I only had a shirt and jacket on today, such a difference in weather from Saturday (plus trollies and trousers of course).

Carry on...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Utter rubbish.

10 goals. 4 assists in the last 2 games. Inconsistent, yes. Frustrating, at times. Genius, at times. Crap? Never.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
]

This. Said it perfectly,.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, I'm wrong. His run but, more specifically, the release to Baldock in the second half was well judged.

Baldock should have scored from that opportunity. At the time I said "If only Murray was on with that chance" but given the one he missed, although it was oh-so-close, maybe he wouldn't.

One of those nights, eh?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One of those nights, eh?

One of those nights indeed, however we've been having one too many of those nights of late. We need to step up a gear or see yet another opportunity slip through our hands.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Blimey, i'd love us to have 11 'inconsistent' Knockaerts in our side.

Even in bad games he has done enough to get a couple of potential assists from good chances squandered.

He wasn't great at all against Brentford either, but still created the counter himself which lead to March scoring + 2 assists.

He's still quite young you know.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here