Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Duffy has a broken nose. Dirty Ipswich. The ref bottled it in the second half. Emmanuel should have had a second yellow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What I noticed was he immediately stopped the game when Duffy went down in their box when we were about to put a cross into the box for a head injury, but when dunk went down after taking an elbow and clearly holding his head he let the game go on as they attacked.
Also how he didn't give the penalty but the lino did , but from the exact same position he could book dunk for a clean tackle under the linos nose is amazing.

Spot on there Barry - they were just a few of the awful decisions he made. Lino's both busy and missed several offsides but loved giving the free kicks that weren't...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TBF Bruno cheated us a penalty tonight

Was right in front of me - was clearly pulled back but did make a meal. So was a pen. What many would have missed was the Ipswich player hand ball it hence his pull on Bruno in a panic as the deflection put Bruno in. Double pen for me but Bruno did go down easily.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are some here claiming we only do this as sour grapes when we lose or draw? There is a thread, probably on this page regarding our ref on Saturday in a 4-1 win where he was so blatantly crap!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Ref did nothing when it came to time wasting. Remember when that ref jogged off Knockeart a few games ago when he was being subbed off? This ref did bugger all when the Ipswich players walked as slowly as they could off the pitch for their substitutions.

Don't get me started on the keeper, the ref didn't even warn him once. At the start of the season, I remember the whole crowd whistling and stuff as soon the opposition keeper got the ball. We don't seem to be doing that now, and this is probably when we need it most!

There was a foul on Murphy that deserved a yellow. Did the ref give one? No, yet booked Dunk.

Atrocious.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That referee was complete and utter SHITHOUSE all night, utterly clueless. He wasn't the reason we dropped points, but he completely STUFFED that game as a spectacle for everyone. The insufferable prick was determined to be the centre of attention right from the off, his rancid incompetence was in full flow. He was just so shit-out WRONG in so many decisions tonight against both sides, and whistle-happy beyond all realms. Comfortably by far and away the most ABYSMAL official we have had at the Amex this season. Hard to remember a worse one.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That referee was complete and utter SHITHOUSE all night, utterly clueless. He wasn't the reason we dropped points, but he completely STUFFED that game as a spectacle for everyone. The insufferable prick was determined to be the centre of attention right from the off, his rancid incompetence was in full flow. He was just so shit-out WRONG in so many decisions tonight against both sides, and whistle-happy beyond all realms. Comfortably by far and away the most ABYSMAL official we have had at the Amex since Saturday. Hard to remember a worse one.

:wink:

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Woeful doesn't begin to describe it.

March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither.

For me he summed up his comical performance by waving Murphy on after a challenge where there was no contact or obstruction.

Blew up for everything but time wasting. Didn't see the foul for the penalty, the lino flagged that.

Played a bit of 'will he, won't he' in the second half with a throw in he couldn't decide upon.

No mention of their players walking to thr furthest touchline after injury.

Incorrect offsides. Incorrect free kicks. And it wasn't just for us. We got some decisions we absolutely should not have.

I complain about refereeing a lot, I admit, but that was honestly one of the most incompetent displays I've ever witnessed.

I sometimes wonder if a complaint to the relevant authorities would do anything but I doubt it would.

It's a real shame because I came to watch a game of football and the referee ruined it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...error-raises-serious-doubts-about-his-abilit/

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
One of the worst performances I can remember, and if anything he faces us more dodgy decisions than them. When both sets of fans are chanting against the ref it gives a clue as to how bad he was. Blew for everything, can't think of one time he played advantage. A host of soft bookings (mainly for them) but once a player was booked they got license to carry on doing same thing. Probably got both penalty shouts right, and to be fair it has taken about ten replays of the March one, and I am still not sure, but he ruined the match as a spectacle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That referee was complete and utter SHITHOUSE all night, utterly clueless. He wasn't the reason we dropped points, but he completely STUFFED that game as a spectacle for everyone. The insufferable prick was determined to be the centre of attention right from the off, his rancid incompetence was in full flow. He was just so shit-out WRONG in so many decisions tonight against both sides, and whistle-happy beyond all realms. Comfortably by far and away the most ABYSMAL official we have had at the Amex this season. Hard to remember a worse one.

Perfectly and eloquently put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here