Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The clock is not run by a referee though is it? Also when did people start going to football to time things with their phone, surely you watch the game just in case anything happens?

Unlocking my phone, opening an app and pressing a button takes all of around about 4 seconds. Unless of course you're assuming I stand there watching it, in which case i'd question your sanity.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
:wrong:Stand corrected, so there is somebody else who starts the stopwatch on their phone as soon as the clock turns 45/90.

:thumbsup:quite often stick the stopwatch on when the clock turns 90 (not when its announced)when its a close game.
had 6 mins and 5 seconds played last night, so you were correct in saying not much added for shenanigans during stoppage .

swings and roundabouts though in the scheme of things.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The ref should have added more time on for the blatant time-wasting of that f*******g goalkeeper.

And when are they going to bring in a law that stops players a) picking up a ball when it's not their free-kick
and hanging on to it, then throwing it back and b) standing in front of a player so they cannot take the free-kick,

I mean ffs it only takes one yellow card and the problem is solved. But oh no - that would
be to easy for those loser. "I was hated at school and I'm a wa**r," toss*r referees.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure what you're getting at, it was right in front of me. Foregoing the fact his flick looked like it hit the hand of the defender, he then proceeded to take a handful of Bruno's shirt as he rolled him, which blatantly stopped his momentum.

The linesman was twirling his flag ferociously the instant he yanked his shirt, the fact he went over a little theatrically has no relevance to the fact it was an absolute stonewall penalty.

And from the highlights, the Ipswich player didn't even start to protest - just looked a bit forlorn. Usually the best sign of what has gone on.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Same ref who allowed Massive's goal against us in the semi-final second leg. Enough said.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
This ref has always been a clown! Completely ruined any entertainment value this game had ! ****ing shambolic performance and hope I never experience a game this cretin has anything to do with ever again! There are youth Sunday league refs who have a better comprehension of the game than this ****ing imbecile ! What do the Fa ever do -****ing useless!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This ref has always been a clown! Completely ruined any entertainment value this game had ! ****ing shambolic performance and hope I never experience a game this cretin has anything to do with ever again! There are youth Sunday league refs who have a better comprehension of the game than this ****ing imbecile ! What do the Fa ever do -****ing useless!
Bit of a late rant

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here