Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Why ?

Are referees always bad if we don't win ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And both linos not much better. Ref wasn't going to even give the pen despite the handball and the clear tug - Lino gave it. Don't get me started on Dunk's yellow - Lino didn't give it as was a good tackle - ref gave it and had cheek to give yellow and let them take it from implement wrong place.

Wasn't in a good position for Solly one but can't for the life of me think why he'd just go down when so well placed? So frustrating.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
And both linos not much better. Ref wasn't going to even give the pen despite the handball and the clear tug - Lino gave it. Don't get me started on Dunk's yellow - Lino didn't give it as was a good tackle - ref gave it and had cheek to give yellow and let them take it from implement wrong place.

Wasn't in a good position for Solly one but can't for the life of me think why he'd just go down when so well placed? So frustrating.

Looked like he kicked the floor, would of been soft to say the least

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Woeful doesn't begin to describe it.

March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither.

For me he summed up his comical performance by waving Murphy on after a challenge where there was no contact or obstruction.

Blew up for everything but time wasting. Didn't see the foul for the penalty, the lino flagged that.

Played a bit of 'will he, won't he' in the second half with a throw in he couldn't decide upon.

No mention of their players walking to thr furthest touchline after injury.

Incorrect offsides. Incorrect free kicks. And it wasn't just for us. We got some decisions we absolutely should not have.

I complain about refereeing a lot, I admit, but that was honestly one of the most incompetent displays I've ever witnessed.

I sometimes wonder if a complaint to the relevant authorities would do anything but I doubt it would.

It's a real shame because I came to watch a game of football and the referee ruined it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Woeful doesn't begin to describe it.

March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither.

For me he summed up his comical performance by waving Murphy on after a challenge where there was no contact or obstruction.

Blew up for everything but time wasting. Didn't see the foul for the penalty, the lino flagged that.

Played a bit of 'will he, won't he' in the second half with a throw in he couldn't decide upon.

No mention of their players walking to thr furthest touchline after injury.

Incorrect offsides. Incorrect free kicks. And it wasn't just for us. We got some decisions we absolutely should not have.

I complain about refereeing a lot, I admit, but that was honestly one of the most incompetent displays I've ever witnessed.

I sometimes wonder if a complaint to the relevant authorities would do anything but I doubt it would.

It's a real shame because I came to watch a game of football and the referee ruined it.

Couldn't agree more. An awful display from the ref and his assistants, not particularly biased, just inept and let's not forget that it was him who missed the blatant push on Dunk in last year's play offs. Worst display of the season by a mile for me.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thread looks like sour grapes and this kind of thread always appears after we lose or draw....

I have, and will, complain about refereeing whether we win, lose or draw.

Just tonight the issue is that the ref had an obvious impact on how the game flowed, or rather, didn't flow.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I don't think he was quite as bad as this thread makes out. But, then again, from where I sat in WSU, that looked like a blatant trip on March, which others who have seen the replay claim was a slip. I think the ref thought in retrospect that he gave the wrong decision, as after it (and especially in the last ten minutes or so), he seemed to give absolutely everything our way.
What I found refreshing is that he allowed the linesmen to give decisions, rather than tried to be the big man in the middle, unlike a certain ref I can think of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm very angry and frustrated about not getting 3 points. But I just don't know who to blame. Definitely not 100% the ref's fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here