Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Biggest mistake East made last night, which I'm surprised no one had mentioned is the clear foul on Hemed which then lead to the incident where he gave a free kick to Ipswich that led to their goal.

It effectively cost us the game.

East also has one half yellow card syndrome. In a couple of matches I've seen where he has been ref, he has handed out yellows in the first half as if they were sweets in a playground and then gives nothing in the second half. There were two or three occasions where a yellow, including with Emmanuel a second, but he clearly didn't want to have to do the paperwork at he end of the match and so bottled it.

One final thing I'd comment on is that I've not seen a referee in a long time where his positioning based on the location of play was so poor. For two or three important decisions the linesman gave a decision and the referee was too far away and gave the decision the other way. Poor poor refereeing performance overall that frankly ruined what should have been an entertaining game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree that that decision to award a (very dodgy) free kick cost us the game but it made our job that much harder when things like that go against you (decisions not the goal)

Funny how he only booked Ipswich players first half and our players second despite incident in both halves where he could have booked players from the side he wasn't booking for very similar looking incidents to the ones he actually booked players for

Interesting article and this bit is a bit worrying:

The foundation of a referee’s performance is to see, think, recognise and act. The quality of decision-making is really about getting the big decisions correct. We are witnessing too many errors around big game-changing decisions.

When a team are playing poorly the manager’s position comes into question. One must therefore ask if Mike Riley and his team at the PGMOL are up to the task.

There have been some worrying developments behind the scenes. They decided to remove assessors at games, former referees who offered positive support and advice. They now rely on former managers and players to do this job at the stadium. It is not as effective.

While a small group of ex-referees review performance through DVDs, sadly the personal touch has been lost. I also understand that video review sessions at the referees’ regular meetings are no longer used.

This is a mistake. Discussing good and poor practice by viewing decisions and discussing them is one way to learn to avoid error by sharing experiences.

With some refs becoming professional, you would think that more money would have allowed for a higher standard of training, assessing and review & guidance but it seems to be the opposite, which could go some way to explain how refs can manage the game so differently (one lets it flow and another blows up for any and every slight contact)

Fans and players would find it a lot less frustrating (like last night) if the approach was consistent, regardless of ho the actual official was for a match

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The stupid thing was that there were still 2 Ipswich players with half their foot in the penalty area when he was being that fussy and when it was taken but he seemed more interested in a couple of other payers who had their toes just touching the white line

Didn't even look like a foul from where i was as Dunk got the ball first. If a free kick was to be awarded for this incident, then it should have been against Duffy sliding in too from the other side, and 'sandwiching' their player but as others have pointed out about other incidents, if he is not sure how can he give a decision and surely Duffy's position would have blocked the ref's view of it so how can he be sure that Dunk committed a foul, and that it was worthy of a yellow card, especially considering that the lino was right there and didn't even signal for a free kick (from Dunk's side of the challenge)

I think the answer you are struggling to give here is that you were not present at the game last night, hence your evasive responses to the repeated asking of this question.... Your answer is at almost politician standard ducking of a question when clearly caught out and doesn't want to admit the truth

Oh behave. It was asked once, I am happy to admit I wasn't at the game you plonker. I was working. Unlike some on here I don't judge my worth on how many games I can get to. As I am happy to state I get to very few, a couple a season.

But that is an aside. You will note I didn't comment on the game, I commented on this thread. I said it was embarrassing. It is. Made even more so by your attempt to "suss" me out.

Now, wind your neck in lad, get back to your bitching about refs (moaning about losing).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The ref certainly didn't cost us the game but he did ruin it by constantly giving fouls which weren't necessary.

In my view the worst decision, which highlighted his lack of understanding of the flow of the game, was when he awarded us a free kick in our own half after Solly had ridden a challenge and was clearly retaining the ball and going forwards with no one near him. What was all that about. The easiest advantage to play on with ever and he got that wrong.

I think he got the other big decisions spot on (albeit he needed help from the lino on our penalty). Not sure what Solly was doing but from my view in North West it looked like the smallest contact and a dive which in my book is not a penalty and he should have been focusing on scoring not looking to go down.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No need to ask or tie yourself in knots , it was a simple comment. Hope that clears it up for you. *rolls eyes*

??? No knots tied, I was just interested in why the thread was embarrassing.
Are you sure you know how a football forum works?
Odd person.

Oh behave. It was asked once, I am happy to admit I wasn't at the game you plonker. I was working. Unlike some on here I don't judge my worth on how many games I can get to. As I am happy to state I get to very few, a couple a season.

But that is an aside. You will note I didn't comment on the game, I commented on this thread. I said it was embarrassing. It is. Made even more so by your attempt to "suss" me out.

Now, wind your neck in lad, get back to your bitching about refs (moaning about losing).

Wasn't that difficult to answer was it?
:rolleyes: my turn to roll eyes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We didn't lose.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Most of it....The ref cheats..How? ,what has he to gain ? Do you think Ipswich were paying him ? Might you consider how much fun it is to turn out as ref or lino and get constant abuse from Fans. The Lino our side gave penalty but five minutes later was considered a wanker by crowd around me!!

You have asked me 3 questions, answers, no, nothing and no.
But there are plenty of comments on this thread about the match and decisions made, hence my question " which part? "

Obviously the ref didn't cheat, but he made plenty of bad and strange decisions.
I don't like to pay to see a football match and end up watching the ref, a good ref is one that's hardly noticed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can't be bothered to ask him, he doesn't like me asking him questions. :smile:

The one question you asked that I answered?

Yes, been a fan since '99. which I suppose to you, makes me a JCL. Not that I have to justify myself to a couple of self appointed post police like you and Thunderbolt. My heartfelt apologies for typing "lose", I meant in a general sense of why people moan. Anyway, I'll let you get back to your embarrassing thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I ignore him/her now, after the southern rail thread. Stirring it, and trolling. Just a wind up merchant.

Ha! Ignore except for commenting indirectly on nearly every post I make. That's trolling. Anyway, when you've calmed yourself down, do try and enjoy the rest of the season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hold on to your hats ladies and gents we have a lot more of this next season

#pemiershiprefsareabysmal

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The one question you asked that I answered?

Yes, been a fan since '99. which I suppose to you, makes me a JCL. Not that I have to justify myself to a couple of self appointed post police like you and Thunderbolt. My heartfelt apologies for typing "lose", I meant in a general sense of why people moan. Anyway, I'll let you get back to your embarrassing thread.

:lolol: I will ask someone else a question in future then, it's the only way to get a proper answer from you.

I asked you 2 questions by the way, 1 you answered with a meme ( post # 67 ) the other you told me not to fret ( post #71 ) :shrug:

JCL :whistle:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:lolol: I will ask someone else a question in future then, it's the only way to get a proper answer from you.

I asked you 2 questions by the way, 1 you answered with a meme ( post # 67 ) the other you told me not to fret ( post #71 ) :shrug:

JCL :whistle:

Whatever, I wasn't paying much attention.

Tatty bye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here