Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Compared to the ref on Saturday he was very whistle happy. I thought he was a typical PL ref, trying to teach us oiks in the Championship how to play the 'beautiful' game.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
What I noticed was he immediately stopped the game when Duffy went down in their box when we were about to put a cross into the box for a head injury, but when dunk went down after taking an elbow and clearly holding his head he let the game go on as they attacked.
Also how he didn't give the penalty but the lino did , but from the exact same position he could book dunk for a clean tackle under the linos nose is amazing.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Woeful doesn't begin to describe it.

March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither.

For me he summed up his comical performance by waving Murphy on after a challenge where there was no contact or obstruction.

Blew up for everything but time wasting. Didn't see the foul for the penalty, the lino flagged that.

Played a bit of 'will he, won't he' in the second half with a throw in he couldn't decide upon.

No mention of their players walking to thr furthest touchline after injury.

Incorrect offsides. Incorrect free kicks. And it wasn't just for us. We got some decisions we absolutely should not have.

I complain about refereeing a lot, I admit, but that was honestly one of the most incompetent displays I've ever witnessed.

I sometimes wonder if a complaint to the relevant authorities would do anything but I doubt it would.

It's a real shame because I came to watch a game of football and the referee ruined it.

Easily worst ref this season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
More shite refereeing:
How did Dunk get a yellow?
When he booked Chambers it took the stadium 10 minutes (including the screen) to work out it wasn't Bladoxk.
Stopping March in his tracks when he was on his own for a foul 5 seconds earlier.
Blowing for a foul in 10 seconds. And loving it.
His wife must have promised to touch him if he blew over 250 times.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thread looks like sour grapes and this kind of thread always appears after we lose or draw....

It wasn't the refs fault we drew but he was useless. Got numerous decisions wrong both ways. Just hopeless, not biased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More shite refereeing:
How did Dunk get a yellow?
When he booked Chambers it took the stadium 10 minutes (including the screen) to work out it wasn't Bladoxk.
Stopping March in his tracks when he was on his own for a foul 5 seconds earlier.
Blowing for a foul in 10 seconds. And loving it.
His wife must have promised to touch him if he blew over 250 times.

Loved it when he got a round of applause after changing his mind over a throw in...he points one way Lino the other :facepalm:
...and yes Dunks booking puzzled me...I think he was trying his best for double figures in yellow cards

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Poor ref for both sides, don't think he spoke to a single player as a warning that you often get from match day officials, but instead went straight to booking players

Plenty of poor decisions for both sides, like Dunk won the ball fairly but a foul is given and a booking, (seems to me that a lot of Dunks bookings have been like that, very harsh and very unlucky to get booked imo) Dunk is then clearly fouled and it's not even given as a free-kick but they play on instead.

I would be saying the same of these officials even if we had won easily and it always amazes me how differently officials referee the game, one blowing up for everything and others will let everything go, (probably up to and including rugby tackles) - why isn't there a more consistent approach to officiating a match in terms of either they all do one or the other

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here