Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No surprise as he was the ref that missed Hooper's blatant push on Dunk that allowed Wednesday to equalise in the play-offs last season.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Biggest mistake East made last night, which I'm surprised no one had mentioned is the clear foul on Hemed which then lead to the incident where he gave a free kick to Ipswich that led to their goal.

It effectively cost us the game.

East also has one half yellow card syndrome. In a couple of matches I've seen where he has been ref, he has handed out yellows in the first half as if they were sweets in a playground and then gives nothing in the second half. There were two or three occasions where a yellow, including with Emmanuel a second, but he clearly didn't want to have to do the paperwork at he end of the match and so bottled it.

One final thing I'd comment on is that I've not seen a referee in a long time where his positioning based on the location of play was so poor. For two or three important decisions the linesman gave a decision and the referee was too far away and gave the decision the other way. Poor poor refereeing performance overall that frankly ruined what should have been an entertaining game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which part?

IMG_2329.JPG

briref

Aug 12, 2008
March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither. - Whys that?

Didn't see the foul for the penalty, the lino flagged that - Most referees would not have seen, as the offence was the linesman's side

Incorrect offsides - I do not recall one at all

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's no good blaming referees for our failure to beat Ipswich or any other team for that matter. Referees will always make decisions we don't agree with. That's football, that's life. The question I think we should be asking today is why is the team playing way below par for several weeks, if not months? It's difficult to remember the last really convincing 90 minute performance. Blackburn? Bristol City?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
March penalty shout is either a penalty or a booking, he gave neither. - Whys that?

Not if he slipped over, myself and others ( on this thread ) thought March slipped over, maybe that's what the ref saw.
I've seen three different opinions, foul, dived and slipped.
I would have to see it again to be 100% sure.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Surprised so many people commenting on Dunk's booking. For me it was a nailed on booking - not for the 'foul' (of course it wasn't a foul) but for his reaction to the decision.

Another thing not mentioned - though may have missed it on this thread was Lawrence 's outrageous dive to 'win' (yes 'win' - you're not supposed to 'win' free kicks or penalties - that's called cheating) the free kick which led to their goal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surprised so many people commenting on Dunk's booking. For me it was a nailed on booking - not for the 'foul' (of course it wasn't a foul) but for his reaction to the decision.

Another thing not mentioned - though may have missed it on this thread was Lawrence 's outrageous dive to 'win' (yes 'win' - you're not supposed to 'win' free kicks or penalties - that's called cheating) the free kick which led to their goal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

We won our own fair share of those though...didn't think the ref was actually biased in awarding soft free kicks, both sides 'earned' their fair share, I'll give him that for consistency.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Woeful doesn't begin to describe it.
It's a real shame because I came to watch a game of football and the referee ruined it.

...and that's the crux of it. Whether he affected the actual result of the game is hard to say as he was probably equally bad for both teams, but I left the ground utterly annoyed that one turd of a man basically ruined my evening by turning what could've been a good game of football in to the dross that we had to endure.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Which part?

Most of it....The ref cheats..How? ,what has he to gain ? Do you think Ipswich were paying him ? Might you consider how much fun it is to turn out as ref or lino and get constant abuse from Fans. The Lino our side gave penalty but five minutes later was considered a wanker by crowd around me!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not, I was asking about your contribution to a thread on last nights match.

No need to ask or tie yourself in knots , it was a simple comment. Hope that clears it up for you. *rolls eyes*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It has been mentioned on other threads, and you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here