Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Some people need to grow some bollocks.
Other teams in this league aren't just going to roll over and let us run away with it. There will be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season and it won't be easy. But this side have proved over the lady use that they've got the quality for to two.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Vital that we get Kayal fully fit and either Bong or Rosiener. Stephens and Sidwell are solid but both lack that one creative moment which Kayal brings.
The sooner Pocognoli is replaced the better, he's third choice for a very good reason.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
So we're in the top 2, 4 points clear of 3rd but we're not a top 2 team?

Is this supposed to be some sort of football riddle?

We also have more than 2 points per game which, if it stays that way will, barring another statistical freak of a failure, get us promoted. So, win one draw one will be enough.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.

In the last three months we got 31 points from 15 games. Shocking!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Murray's shot had been half an inch to the left. This place would be full of we're gonna win the league bollocks.
Long way to go. We are definitely good enough to finish top two.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We also have more than 2 points per game which, if it stays that way will, barring another statistical freak of a failure, get us promoted. So, win one draw one will be enough.
Blah blah blah ....

We were amazing up until Preston . We have been Shite since then with about 2 decent performances in 8. Even before Preston we were luckily winning games.

We've been brilliant this season but we've run out of steam for top 2, and the squad is not quite good enough. Especially with players like Stephens who's heart is not fully in it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Your negativity is astounding.... Why do you bother with it? Take up tiddlywinks or get an allotment plot to pass your time. FFS...

Oi, I've got an allotment, we don't want negativity up there. we're going up in 2nd place..not due to any negativity but to see my 100-1 £20 on Huddersfield pay out. Newcastle in the play offs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
4 points clear - effectively 5 with goal difference - should be plenty at this stage. Huddersfield brought in some decent loan players but their squad is still way weaker than ours. One or two injuries and they'll struggle. No other side is consistent enough to overhaul us.

That said there are some worrying traits at the moment, careless passing and control under pressure particularly, but making teams press us to force mistakes tires them out by 70 minutes, which is when it should be game on for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Blah blah blah ....

We were amazing up until Preston . We have been Shite since then with about 2 decent performances in 8. Even before Preston we were luckily winning games.

We've been brilliant this season but we've run out of steam for top 2, and the squad is not quite good enough. Especially with players like Stephens who's heart is not fully in it.

Dwayne you are a tool.

Every team will go through a sticky patch, we are having ours. Take your negativity elsewhere my friend, I would suggest you get behind the boys at Barnsley on Saturday but I guess you'll be too busy being a keyboard warrior.

Over the 31 games so far this season this squad of players have proved they are more than good enough to finish in the top 2 of this division. End of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we can't finish bottom.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
To us 'oldies' on this site (i.e. people posting way before the great 'lost post scandal' of July 2003, Christ that's coming up for 13 and half years ago!) Dwayne was the wind-up super king, a young lad who always posted about his bulging muscles and upwardly mobile life, salary, cars, etc, etc........!

HOWEVER, I cannot disagree with much of his post tonight.

We've not been good, dominating, for weeks/months, whilst the points have still been coming in granted. Huddersfield's winner has been a real kick in the stomach and I along with others are seriously worried that they will overhaul us by the end of the month.....this doesn't mean I'll give less support than normal, just a view from a very down beat fan.

Haha....brilliant !
The first paragraph is always the first thought when I think of young Dwayne , the photos where fantastically cringe worthy !!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If Murray's shot had been half an inch to the left. This place would be full of we're gonna win the league bollocks.
Long way to go. We are definitely good enough to finish top two.

Bad call leaving Murray on the bench for 66 minutes IMHO when it was clear that both Hemed and Baldock were in TOILING mode.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
LOL what is this shit??!??? Just watched the highlights and we blatantly had THREE gilt-edged chances to win that game that on another day (and there are plenty of other days left) would have gone in.

1. We managed to fashion a chance for Baldock on the 66th minute that had him 1 on 1 and just the keeper to beat. It could have easily been a goal had he been more clinical with his finishing. More match fitness will seem him putting those away again.
2. Murray's turn and shot on 91 came off the INSIDE of the post. Literally a couple of inches further to the left and this train wouldn't be stopping at Bedwetter's Central.
3. By all accounts a solid shout for a penalty on March (which wasn't in the highlights).

On another day any of these could have gone our way. Just not our day today.

It's not like we weren't creating chances and never looked liked we could win is it?

Terrible defending for their goal though. I'll concede that that's a worry.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
At Brentford, I thought we looked like a team who'd completely run out of steam. Tonight sort of repeated that. We played well enough, in patches, during both games. But yeah, things are well in motion for us to blow it soon.

There again, does it matter that much? There are a few grounds I'd like to go to in the money league, but it would be bloody difficult hearing the moaners go on for 80 minutes when we lose half of our games by at least three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here