Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You don't end up in the top 2 after 31 games by chance... we are in the top 2 because we have been the second best team at accumulating points this season! That other teams have different styles, or at times we are not free-flowing destroying teams is ultimately not relevant.. Burnley and Boro weren't those kind of teams either last year in my opinion. The pressure is building on all teams, not just us. Reading, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheff Wed simply cannot afford to lose games at the moment. The gap was always going to close, at some point, but none of the teams below us thus far have shown that they are capable of putting in a run that will out-perform us over a third of a season.. Performances now are irrelevant, its all about points.. last night is not a signal for the rest of the season, but a game we probably should have won but didn't. It will happen again , but it will happen to others as well.. I would much rather be where we are than below.. you could be Derby.. how are they feeling right now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just opened Facebook to see [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is on holiday in the Caribbean having just got engaged (Congratulations, BTW)

I'm not sure if that were me, I'd be logging into NSC to shit stir. Each to their own.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

, we have gone a long time since we last played well and won. I am ever the optimist and our next good win is always around the corner. I just hope this isn't one of them extremely long corners.

Lots of love,
Mr Pretty Damned Worried Now
I don't think I care if we played well or not, now it is about winning, grabbing points. I thought we played pretty well against Burton, without really having to get out of 2nd gear, I thought we put a good performance in against Sheff Wed, and I thought we played well enough to win last night.. Any win is a good win in my book when you're fighting for points, and just about every team in the Division needs points at the moment for one reason or another..

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Unfortunately all I can think of right now is a swimming race where Newcastle and Brighton went flying away for most of the race but now in the final stages, are slowing down and Huddersfield are going full steam - if you imagine that scenario most people would be shouting at the TV "he's going to catch them !!!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unfortunately all I can think of right now is a swimming race where Newcastle and Brighton went flying away for most of the race but now in the final stages, are slowing down and Huddersfield are going full steam - if you imagine that scenario most people would be shouting at the TV "he's going to catch them !!!"

We're not in the final stages yet though, are we?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it, today, nobody is posting the bookies odds on our promotion as proof we'll be getting promoted.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Points on the board is better than playing catchup.
The Championship is a crazy crazy league, and nobody (not even Newcastle) can expect to cruise through it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I can understand the OP's concern about the performances, but to say we won't make the top 2 is rubbish. It will only be a matter of time when we hit form again. We tend to play better against the top teams and we are in a great position to be able to kick on from here.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bedwetters of the world unite and take over!

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I take it, today, nobody is posting the bookies odds on our promotion as proof we'll be getting promoted.

the bookies dont tend to take form or emotion into it - they just see us top two and offer odds accordingly, they couldn't give a monkeys if it ends up being right or wrong as many punters will back for and against - they generally win either way

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Funny stuff, opinions. I watched last nights game just very impressed with them really, thinking this is clearly a top 2 team. The winner didn't come unfortunately but that doesn't really change what I saw.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm feeling a bit flat today, I'll be honest. Not so much about our result, but more the manner of the Hudds and Reading wins. Temporary deflation, but I'm sure come Saturday I'll be all positive again.

Please though, no more threads about promotion parties, or anything premature about going up.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I just opened Facebook to see [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is on holiday in the Caribbean having just got engaged (Congratulations, BTW)

I'm not sure if that were me, I'd be logging into NSC to shit stir. Each to their own.

Pahahaha

That's so sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here