Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best and Worst Albion Player You Ever Saw

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Mark Lawrenson is without doubt the best player to ever play for the club.

Worst one, has to be Ashley Neal, although Glenn Thomas did give him a run for his money.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Best : Joe Corrigan

Worst : O'Gravy (sorry)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think Knockaert is good, but if he was as good as Lawrenson or Vicente, he wouldn't be playing for us!

Best, that I've seen- Vicente.
Worst: Anyone from that first year at Gillingham.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Peter Ward was the best I saw.

McCammon was the worst outfield player, but goalkeeper. Graeme Smith was laughably poor.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Your club’s worst player... EVER! As voted for by the fans.

fft_worst_player17_header_810x450.png

For the Albion.
Michael Mahoney -Johnson.

The striker arrived at the Albion on loan from QPR, playing a grand total of four games. Those four games ended 0-0, 0-2, 0-0 and 0-0
Read more 》》》》 http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0,3

Not seen this anywhere else :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Worst: Billy Paynter . Leon Best highly commended.
Best : Antony Knockaert. Bobby Zamora highly commended.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think Knockaert is good, but if he was as good as Lawrenson or Vicente, he wouldn't be playing for us!

Best, that I've seen- Vicente.
Worst: Anyone from that first year at Gillingham.

Lawrenson played for us for four years, two of which were in the old second division!! We go up then Knockaert will be the same so I don't understand your comment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best: Peter Ward, with an honourable mention for Jimmy Case

Worst. . . . well I think last time I posted on the thread I picked someone from the Gillingham era who played only 3 games. I think, to be fair, it needs to be someone who played at least 20 times for the club. So I'm now going to plump for . . . . Alan Duffy (50 games - how???).

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Lawrenson played for us for four years, two of which were in the old second division!! We go up then Knockaert will be the same so I don't understand your comment.
Lawrenson signed for us as a 20 year old, having played for Preston for a couple of years in the lower leagues. He was a talented player who was at the very beginning of his career.

Knochaert is 25. He's played for Leicester in the Championship, but just 9 times in the Premier League. I know the story about them offering him a new contract, etc.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, and will probably do well in the Premier League (despite his form being hot and cold).

However, Lawrenson was a world-class player who performed week in, week out, and unless AK makes a huge step up he's nowhere near that, and at the age of 25 is nearing his peak.

I'd be absolutely amazed if AK gets anywhere near the level and consistency of Lawrenson.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Best: Vicente, but being closely pushed by Knocky at the moment.

Worst: Andy Ansah, would've made Mark McCammon look like Ronaldo if they played along side each other.

Agree Vicente as the best he was so gifted but best is so subjective if you were judging it on not just ability but included number of games played over a given period and impact on the team and end results while at the Albion then Vicente falls a long way down the list and above him I would put Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, Gary Nelson and many others above him.

Worst: Andy Ansah cannot argue with that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Again, to be fair, its hard to label a player our worst if they hardly ever played. In fact we clearly have even worse players who played even less or not at all. For years we had some bloke called Flood who was a perennial sub. He can't have been any good. So there ought to be a threhsould number of appearances threshold.

As for best, I get why people say Vicente, but he was almost permanently crocked and had, what, 3 fabulous games, and the one when he did those worldy runs? Yes I creamed my jeans, but there is a big difference between a 30 second knee-trembler and lifetime of bliss . . . . so for me, Vicente is OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here