Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big big night in the Championship

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is now but we aren't going to win them all. Thankfully we have a cushion but that can be eroded quickly. If you take a fairly optimistic view and say we'll end the season on 93 points then Hudders have to drop another 12 to not overhaul us. The sooner they start doing that then the better I'll feel

Obviously the more points we get then the less they can drop, but the reverse is also true. Same applies to Newcastle

I'm listening in tonight but will be paying as much attention to the other results

How's your season prediction coming along? And where were you with Huddersfield round about the start of the year?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Huddersfield : very, very easy 3 point banker...

Which is maybe why it is a potential banana skin if you don't have your mind right, just ask Norwich...

Rotherham's last 6 home fixtures only ever a goal in it, W3 D1 L2.

D 1-1 Blackburn
L 0-1 Barnsley
W 2-1 Norwich
L 1-2 Burton
W 3-2 Wigan
W 1-0 QPR

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How's your season prediction coming along? And where were you with Huddersfield round about the start of the year?

Keep it under wraps given the abuse :)

It's looking too nerve wracking and I know the points are probably 4/5 too high but it's knowing where to dock them. I work on the basis that they will impact on everyone similalry and that's held up pretty well

The circles are the games where I think the swings could occur ... middling away teams that could have a good day or a shocker. Weird that ours and Hudders are so similar

I overwrite but found one I posted on Dec 19 where I had

Newcastle
BHA
Reading
Derby
Leeds
Wendy
Hudders

It's holding up OK I think, Derby and Hudders switching being the big one, but fairly satisfied 2 months on

Not sure about Newcastle .. .those 4 aways could yet destroy their season

Football.JPG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Keep it under wraps given the abuse :)

It's looking too nerve wracking and I know the points are probably 4/5 too high but it's knowing where to dock them. I work on the basis that they will impact on everyone similalry and that's held up pretty well

The circles are the games where I think the swings could occur ... middling away teams that could have a good day or a shocker. Weird that ours and Hudders are so similar

I overwrite but found one I posted on Dec 19 where I had

Newcastle
BHA
Reading
Derby
Leeds
Wendy
Hudders

It's holding up OK I think, Derby and Hudders switching being the big one, but fairly satisfied 2 months on

Not sure about Newcastle .. .those 4 aways could yet destroy their season

View attachment 82173

Thanks. I get the red/green thing (results in the past that are wrong and right respectively), but what's going on with the blue/yellow/other colour in the future?
I also think you're over-estimating things a little, perhaps by about three points each.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And just so I can't be accused of after-timing :lolol:

View attachment 82174

Putting the Albion in is poor form.

Anyway I believe it's only aftertiming if you make no mention of the bet until the final whistle goes, then pop up and say:-

'Wow I just won £76,231, from a 3p stake - honest'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst I am usually very positive and glass half full, I feel strangely nervous about tonight. I'm really worried about Huddersfield now. My prediction for what it's worth:

Brighton - draw;
Newcastle - draw;
Huddersfield - win;
Reading - draw.

The rest can't catch us now IMO.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Putting the Albion in is poor form.

Calculated risk. Pretty confident of a win for us tonight, so if the rest of the bet is (unfortunately) going to come in I may as well beef up the payout a bit - even if it is only 4/9 :lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks. I get the red/green thing (results in the past that are wrong and right respectively), but what's going on with the blue/yellow/other colour in the future?
I also think you're over-estimating things a little, perhaps by about three points each.

Yes I'd say 3/4 points too high, but they do tend to spread pretty evenly. Yellow are vs top 6, Blue vs the other 3 that I think could be in play offs (currently got them 1-3 points behind). Highlights what a difficult run Newcastle have, really tough away games but then their away form is good.

Not written off a BHA/Hudders 1/2 but will need a few upsets to hit Newcastle, and they've already demonstrated their capability in that dept!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calculated risk. Pretty confident of a win for us tonight, so if the rest of the bet is (unfortunately) going to come in I may as well beef up the payout a bit - even if it is only 4/9 :lolol:

Thumbs down. :nono:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes I'd say 3/4 points too high, but they do tend to spread pretty evenly. Yellow are vs top 6, Blue vs the other 3 that I think could be in play offs (currently got them 1-3 points behind). Highlights what a difficult run Newcastle have, really tough away games but then their away form is good.

Not written off a BHA/Hudders 1/2 but will need a few upsets to hit Newcastle, and they've already demonstrated their capability in that dept!

I've just had a look, and Newcastle really do have a tough run-in. In March, they play four games, all against teams in the top half, three away. Let's hope they're on a right wobble going into that month, after we've turned them over round these parts.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Newcastle, Reading & Huddersfield in a treble for me. Odds of around 21/2 with Bet365 and chucked a tenner on.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Whilst I am usually very positive and glass half full, I feel strangely nervous about tonight. I'm really worried about Huddersfield now. My prediction for what it's worth:

Brighton - draw;
Newcastle - draw;
Huddersfield - win;
Reading - draw.

The rest can't catch us now IMO.

If we can't put in a performance capable of nothing less than a win, then you could say our wobble is continuing.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also gone back to Duffy tonight. Duffy anytime scorer and Brighton win 14/1

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You are clearly very much a 'glass half full' chap.

I'd say the chances of victory in those matches, for us, Reading and Huddersfield are all much the same.

Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are still in the scrap, too. They'll both win tonight as well.
I can see udders slipping up in a Yorkshire Derby, Norwich with something to prove and if Brentford get in front, Reading won't beat them with their lack of forward power.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'd be happy enough if it ended up with the top 3 winning and reading not, would effectively then be a true 3 horse race.

Be good if villa smash Barnsley too, ending barnsleyS play off hopes before we play them.

Also key that dunk doesn't get booked!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here